Replacement relief valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DtxB Brewery

Reaction score
relief_valves.jpg

I have 2 corney kegs that have the #4 valves, shown above, on them. Both are suspect at best. Anyone know where I can get replacements or can the lid be converted to use the more standard pull pin relief valves?

Any help would be appreciated.

I had one that failed (it was leaking, then I broke it). I couldn't find parts anywhere. Ended up dropping $10 or $12 on a whole new lid. The parts MAY exist, but I'll be damned if I know where!

On the plus side, now I have a spare cornie lid with a clean hole that could receive a stopper/airlock. 5-gallon stainless steel fermenter, baby!

#4's off a Firestone keg, though. The lid itself is different; there isn't a metal bit on the underside of the lid for the standard relief valves to connect to. The bottom part of #4 is a plastic nut (which is what I ended up breaking).

I've got a keg with a #4 as well and I was thinking about either sealing it off so it would hold pressure or seeing if I could get a stopper with an airlock in the hole for lagering.

Find an undrilled stopper that fits really tightly and install it from the underside to seal it up. You can vent the keg by taking the connector off and hitting the gas poppet with a screw driver.

Latest posts

Back