Removing Particulate from Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henrybeggs

Reaction score
I'm coming down to the end of my two weeks waiting on my beer to be finished fermenting, and in the two times I've checked on it there has been a significant amount stuff floating on the surface. I am making an American Wheat Ale in which I substituted one half gallon of water for one which was the product of steeping the peels of two blood oranges and adding the fruit of four. Basically what I want to know is how can I separate all the trub and blood orange gunk from the sweet, sweet beer? I figured I would rack it into my bottling bucket, add my priming sugar, then bottle, but I want to make sure that when people drink it it isn't like a beer with pulp.

Time is your best friend. I'd let it sit in primary another week. You'll be amazed at how much drops out.

aryoung1980 said:
Time is your best friend. I'd let it sit in primary another week. You'll be amazed at how much drops out.

I was afraid you'd say that, patience is a virtue I suppose. The strange thing is that it is still bubbling, I guess adding all the orange bits gave the yeasties something to do. Doesn't the fact that it is still fermenting effect the clarity?

Latest posts

Back