Removing CO2 lines from full keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerod1

Reaction score
Once my beer is carbonated can I remove my CO2 lines by leaving a little pressure on the keg ? will the beer stay carbonated ? I may want to keg another and only have one regulator . If so how long can I leave it that way ? Long enough to carbonate another batch ?
Thanks a bunch !

Yes, you can do that. The only way it wouldn't stay carbonated is if you have a leak in the keg.

Think of it as a very large can of beer. They stay carbonated; so will your keg.

It will hold pressure so long as Your keg doesn’t have a leak, but you won’t be able to serve off it without losing your pressure. If you’re using set and forget method you can get a a gas distribution manifold or a simple barbed Y splitter to run lines to both kegs. This would let you carb the 2nd keg while serving from the 1st. The downside is that both kegs have to be at the same pressure. If you want to burst carb kegs while serving others you’ll need secondaries.

Back