Remembering ismellweird this November

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I just have to ask. Are you trolling us?
After filling out tons of paperwork,
After paying for the development of a logo and the rights thereto,
You finally realize that "I Smell Weird" is maybe a bad name for a brewery.
And after all that effort, expense, etc., you are going to hang your hopes for success on "maybe not too many people will notice"??
You're not troubled enough to change it?
You inherited tons of high end brewing gear but can't hook up a pump properly?
If all this is true you have no head for business, let alone brewing beer thats good enough to stay in business. Sell your inherited gear before you taint it all with your fecal business sense.

Edit: you smell a lot worse than weird. Weird would be putting it mildly.
Edit 2: WTF are "cutting edge" ingredients?
Edit 3: I just googled, and "Is Mell Weird" isn't even a thing.

Is this some kind of HBT game I'm not privy to?
I realize I'm now voluntarily feeding a troll, but what gives?

Edit 4: I wish your brewery all the success in the world, but unless I have to resort to, and eventually get bored with dry-hopping my own piss, I won't be buying any of your beer.

I think about old @ismellweird every time the sewer backs up into my brew kettle. I see his shining $#!Tposts every time I enjoy a second-hand strawberry cupcake. I imagine he's still out there somewhere, beyond thunderdome. Hanging out with Kato Kaelin, butt-dialing his grandma while sipping on a cupcake stout.

Last edited:
I think about old @ismellweird every time the sewer backs up into my brew kettle. I see his shining posts every time I enjoy a second-hand strawberry cupcake. I imagine he's still out there somewhere, beyond thunderdome. Hanging out with Kato Kaelin, butt-dialing his grandma while sipping on a cupcake stout.

I know that grieving is a process that can take years. Sometimes we never get over losing someone.

We're here for you buddy.

Dunno why, but I feel like this is the right place to post this image.
RDT_20221020_2134545451877553228752356.png

Last edited:
It's too bad we can't reach out and lure him back, I know I'd be on my best behavior if it meant catching up on what he's been up to.

i'm sure he still lurks from time to time..

not that i ever typed personally to him..

might have been my best friend, depending on how it took the critisim of wondering how he got his sewer line mixed up with his brew pump or something....

I'm still making my way through it all, and I just saw something that I don't think anyone picked up on. He says that he sent a "pubic" message to his mom.

It's too bad we can't reach out and lure him back, I know I'd be on my best behavior if it meant catching up on what he's been up to.
Catching up on this thread now. @Jayjay1976 I always assumed you were the one who got him banned! His last post was about serving home brewed fake watermelon beer at his buddy's wedding as a surprise for him and his bride lol. The post itself was tame so assumed one of the angry repliers had him killed off for good.

I did find a classic Mell reply buried in the big "stupid joke thread" from just before he disappeared.

He completely botched the joke:

"What are the 3 rings of marriage? Wedding ring and sufferring! And Engagement ring!" 🤦‍♂️

@Jayjay1976 I always assumed you were the one who got him banned! His last post was about serving home brewed fake watermelon beer at his buddy's wedding as a surprise for him and his bride lol.

I am reluctant to say any more than:

To my knowledge, mell's hiatus is self-imposed.

Easy to check, link to original ISW post is on this thread, does not show him as banned.

I suppose is possible find a more interesting place than HBT,...and maybe he found it..... Hopefully he has the grace to report back to his followers on here his advice as to "where to go".

Dude has been gone for over 4 years. I don't think he'll be back. It's possible he comes back in an hour and proves me wrong, but I would be surprised.

Back