Remembering ismellweird this November

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5gehkx.jpg

Mell was a unicorn troll. Looking back through his highlight reel above, it seems like he used a formula to concoct his nonsense. Come to think of it, he could have been a bot. I do feel like he jumped the shark though with the whole Kato thing, imo that was the beginning of the end for old smelly mell.

Over the years there have a lot of people that have come and gone some by force and some just stopped coming around. I can’t remember all of them but when a good old necro thread gets erected I like to go back and see who was there then and are they still around now.

@zippyclown that was pretty good, nice stroll down memory lane.

Wow. If I ever get banned I hope I get the remembrance here that I surely won't deserve. ;)
Speaking as someone who has been banned more than once, you'd be made aware of the thin ice you're tap dancing on before it happens.

But, with a memorable name like Homebrew Harry, who knows. Go big or go home.

Speaking as someone who has been banned more than once, you'd be made aware of the thin ice you're tap dancing on before it happens.

But, with a memorable name like Homebrew Harry, who knows.
I was made aware after my first post, when nothing seemed to work right on here. I had to use another browser to even ask about who I pissed off etc...

I guess I almost fell through said ice, not deserving a warning.

Oh trust me, some people just really are that bad at writing, you can see it on here occasionally and I see it sometime on my Swedish HB forum.
Judging by your lingonberry experiments, I thought you would be pleased knowing that barely being able to write and read is an International phenomenon...

Do you get warnings before being banned? All I've gotten is a message about changes made in a post about something being stupid, my wording was "demeaning".
And a post was removed for being "political" because i commented my (percieved) cartel formation and price fixing/gouging in the lumber bussines.
Am I angering the Gods?

DIY drug forum? 20yro me would have been very interrested:yes:

i like the company... :mug: glad i haven't gotten the ban hammer, because i don't just smell weird, just plain bad! ;)

and yeah, i've had warnings...but me saying that is technically against the policy, you're not supposed to talk about mod interactions...

as far as getting banned, i figure as long as i don't mash my keyboard angerly, have a sense of humor, should still have a place to drink with my buds....:mug:

edit: an occasional, poke mr. bud-weiser in the ribs.... ;)

Do you get warnings before being banned? All I've gotten is a message about changes made in a post about something being stupid, my wording was "demeaning".
And a post was removed for being "political" because i commented my (percieved) cartel formation and price fixing/gouging in the lumber bussines.
Am I angering the Gods?
I thought I'd be the only one who gets these messages from time to time :D

I almost felt bad for it!

Well, it's good this forum part is here, I've been at home with a nearly fractured ankle that I busted tusday night, had to sit at the ER half of the wednesday and started getting some fever chills later that evening.
Come thursday I not only have an ankle hurting like hell, but also 39c fever, and p1ssing out my 4ss once in a while. My week has been pretty shite... Was gonna keg a Stout and brew a Brown Ale this weekend, starting to feel a little better so the kegging will likely be done tomorrow but brewing is post poned to next week.
At least I can read about beer and laugh at your shenanigans...

Well, it's good this forum part is here, I've been at home with a nearly fractured ankle that I busted tusday night, had to sit at the ER half of the wednesday and started getting some fever chills later that evening.
Come thursday I not only have an ankle hurting like hell, but also 39c fever, and p1ssing out my 4ss once in a while. My week has been pretty shite... Was gonna keg a Stout and brew a Brown Ale this weekend, starting to feel a little better so the kegging will likely be done tomorrow but brewing is post poned to next week.
Get well soon!

[Owen Wilson-like] Wow... I forgot half those smell-isms. One of my favorites is when he was asking advice on how to make barrel staves out of pressure treated lumber from his deck. Like he's going to become a cooper overnight, barrel age the most amazing poo beer anyone has ever had, then inadvertently invent a new type of cancer from his pressure treated cupcake poo ale.

I kinda miss the buffoon.

Often imitated but never constipated, old Mell was in a class of his own. Nice try but not nearly up to par for this league.

Well, my intention was not really to imitate any of the "smellisms" but rather to vent a little...
The runs and the ankle are (I think, at least) unrelated, I suspect I might have caught the winter sickness (calicivirus) at the ER, since loads of morons go there when they display symptoms of it. Hence the common folk wisdom around here to avoid the ER like the plague during winter and early spring...

Let's all take a moment to remember Mell's biggest fan, Jayjay1976. He will be missed.

Always remember to keep good batteries in your smoke detectors, and if you don't, be diligent about wearing a clean pair of underwear.

Latest posts

Back