Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yesjenks

Reaction score
Hello,

Sick of bottling, thinking of starting to keg. I'm not ready to invest in a kegerator yet, but want to be able to transfer all equipment when ready. Can someone recommend a regulator? There are so many options.

Should I go with a single gauge and buy a distributor? Or, duel gauge?

Thank you,

Jay

Spend the money know so you don't have to upgrade later. That way you won't have to upgrade later.

Always get a dual gauge. Or are you talking about a dual body? For serving 2 beers at once? I got a dual body (3 gauges) and I just ordered a secondary regulator. If I had it to do over, I'd just get a single body (dual gauge) with a secondary. Secondary's are more expensive than distributors, but then you can serve at different pressures, or force carb one keg while serving from another. Just more flexible.

Always get a dual gauge. Or are you talking about a dual body? For serving 2 beers at once? I got a dual body (3 gauges) and I just ordered a secondary regulator. If I had it to do over, I'd just get a single body (dual gauge) with a secondary. Secondary's are more expensive than distributors, but then you can serve at different pressures, or force carb one keg while serving from another. Just more flexible.

Can I trouble you to link an example of a single body dual gauge? I thought a dual body would be best, but I have no experience in the area. Like so:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/the-governor-double-body-co2-regulator.html

Here is a single gauge, they're not common but they do exist.
Here is a dual gauge (single body)
And here is a dual body (three gauges)

The NB one you linked to is the same one I have. But as I mentioned in the previous post I would have rather just gotten a single body regulator, since I just ended up ordering this secondary regulator anyhow.

It really depends on how many kegs you want hooked to gas at the same time. But if you plan to get a distributor or manifold as you mentioned in the OP, my advice is to save the $$ on the primary regulator by only getting a single body (dual gauge) and putting it toward a secondary regulator with as many bodies as you need.

Hope this helps :mug:

Latest posts

Back