Regulator problems, loosing beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arborman

Reaction score
Ok, I just lost another keg of beer... This was a batch of two hearted clone with falconers flight as a dry hop.. While the beer was carbing up, my CO2 ran out, so I had to change out tanks... I did not mess with the regulator at all, just switched out tanks. Well, the pressure when through the roof in the next 10 or so hours, and the entire keg poured out through my picnic tap and into the fridge, and all over the garage floor. I lost a 1/2 keg of mirror pond clone a few months ago in the same scenario.

My CO2 stays in the fridge.. I am pointing the blame at my cheap regulator that I got from morebeer when I got my kegging kit. Is there a better regulator on the market that has a blow off so this does not happen again? arghhh!!!! :mad:

So the full bottle that you switched it out with was in the fridge and the same temperature as the empty one? If so, yeah, I'd say it's a regulator problem.

Back