Regular Bourbon County Stout 2015 Infection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yQMwxX9.jpg

This is a fun read

OykpbiV.jpg

05NOV15 bottling tasting great, and as a reference this was from a case I picked up at the brewery for exchanging infected coffee / barleywine.

Hoping getting them home and getting them into a 50 degree cellar helped slow down the growth of any bacteria, but I guess time shall tell.

OykpbiV.jpg

05NOV15 bottling tasting great, and as a reference this was from a case I picked up at the brewery for exchanging infected coffee / barleywine.

Hoping getting them home and getting them into a 50 degree cellar helped slow down the growth of any bacteria, but I guess time shall tell.
I also opened a Nov 05 bottling from a fresh case yesterday. It was kept in a non-temp controlled closet "cellar' and tasted just like the BCBS I expect it to with zero signs of anything being off.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/dinin...-beer-infection-food-0622-20160622-story.html

TL;DR: They don't care if the beer nerds stop buying their beer.

i didn't get that TL;DR out of it from Goose but maybe from the others quoted

Chris Quinn, owner of The Beer Temple bottle shop: "A lot of customers are telling me it will have an effect on future purchases for them," Quinn said. "But I don't know if I believe them or not. A lot of these people are compulsive beer buyers."

Pat Berger, who owns craft-focused beer bars Paddy Long's and Kaiser Tiger in Chicago: "If the nerds online decide it's not a beer worth trading for, then the nerds in line won't show up," Berger said. "If that whole thing goes away, I'm fine with that."

I will take all the 15 prop no one wants. I think it's awesome.

BCBS is drinking great too. I think it's one of the best fresh BA beers I've had recently. I had one a few weeks ago and it was still great. I dumped the Coffee and BW. Couldn't do it.

Well I was wrong. Opened a prop 15 last night and it was sour. It wasn't to the level of BW or Coffee but the vinegar was starting to take over. ****ing shame as I really liked this beer.

Oh well, now just waiting for my regulars to turn.

We opened 2 bottles with Oct 12 bottling dates last night to use for braising some brats and onions. Both tasted good with no signs of souring.

So far I haven't heard any bad stories locally (Dallas) on the regular BCBS. I usually sit on my bottles for a while so if they are infected maybe they will stabilize into a halfway drinkable sour stout.

The cat's reaction makes this.

I Believe it. Unfortunately, I have tried 2 of mine from Oct 30 batch and both were undrinkable. Very sour oak tasting. Interesting enough, I tried my Oct 26 batch (only 4 days?!?) and it was spot on BCBS.

If you were to ask me with all my extensive research, scientific studies, mathematical probabilities, and highly educated guesses I would say it's probably, most likely maybe could be the stupid ass bottles they used this year. Maybe those fancy ass bottles were produced poorly making them difficult to sanitize correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to 12oz this year or maybe just plain bombers. Maybe.
200w.gif

If you were to ask me with all my extensive research, scientific studies, mathematical probabilities, and highly educated guesses I would say it's probably, most likely maybe could be the stupid ass bottles they used this year. Maybe those fancy ass bottles were produced poorly making them difficult to sanitize correctly. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to 12oz this year or maybe just plain bombers. Maybe.
200w.gif
Same size, same labels I think (too lazy to get up). Likely same bottles....

http://tenemu.com/news/goose-island...etors-barleywine-stout-details-emerge/06/2016

Somebody with necro this in 2 years...

ZOMG...my 16' is infected!!! 16OCT bottle date.

I didn't but a lot last year so I"m torn between "drink it in case it turns to ****" and "save a couple bottles for those cold nights"

suckers. they're going to let an intern guess at the BCBS recipe this year, short fill all the bottles, increase the price by 20% and snicker to each other in a gold plated board room while sipping from platinum chalices filled with the blood of your tears

THEY'RE IN BUSINESS TO RAPE PEOPLE AND MURDER THEIR CHILDREN!

9b5.jpg

Back