Red Baron Capper Magnet Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue-Frog

Reaction score
I need a replacement magnet for the red baron bottle capper.

The magnet unit has a “T” shape; the bottom is a small round magnet (that fits into a pipe like protrusion) covered by a soft magnetic material (?) cap which is now lopsided having worn down on one side… making the top (& thus the bottle cap) slope. This screws up the proper operation of the capper and leads to the bottle almost flying out sideways when capping.

Anyone know how I can pick up a replacement? Where is the factory?

Has anyone solved a problem like this before?

No.
What happened to my last explanatory post... it was there now it's gone.
Did China learn that The Red Baron has been identified as a copy of the Italian original Emily ? (according to long time Homebrew store owner - around since 1979)

Last edited:
No help with learning where these are made, like factory address, so tried DIY
seemed to work all too well... but in the end the device was still wobbly and even discovered some bottles leaked.... Back to DIY Phase 2

Question: How far beyond the red central tube is the magnet supposed to protrude?

Sort-of Related question: Replacement "Bells" are sold for these, but why?
Why would one need to replace the bell, (assuming you hadn't lost it); are they fragile?
Could my problem with wobbly action be related to a "bell" issue?

Yea... it is just that now I have invested so much time to fix it, seems a shame to just give up; I think it might just be a fine-adjustment problem.
The last DIY seems to be better, but the unit might still be a bit wobbly.

Thanks. I will see how the next few uses go, and then decide.

Back