Recommended Mash Recirculation "Device"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micraftbeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been using an SS Brewtech mash recirculation manifold. Although it looks really cool with all the holes and the open ends, the one thing I don't like is it all comes down through a narrow passageway right in the middle before going out to the 4 arms/spokes. So any grain bits are prone to get in there, and there's no good way to get them out (or even know if something really is in there or not...).

I use a 15-gallon Spike kettle and run a RIMS setup via Blichmann RIMS Rocket. I typically brew 5 gallon batches, but sometimes 10 gallon batches, and varying gravity. So I need something that's easily adjustable in height.

I'm interested in hearing what others have used, good or bad.

I love the ss brewtech manifold. Cleaning is super easy for me, just hot rinse right away and put some water pressure in through the tube so it forces anything out. Anything that might get left in there will dry and is easily washed out later, or blown out with a compressor in my experience.

I've read lots of people very happy with Locline:

https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/mashrecirculation.htm

I've been using the Sparge Diffusion Plate from Nor Cal Brewing Solutions and love the simplicity of it!
3619-Sparge-Diffusion-Plate.jpg

I've been using the Sparge Diffusion Plate from Nor Cal Brewing Solutions and love the simplicity of it!

Oh, that is beautiful. Simple and nice and wide open so no worries about cleaning or grain sticking. I can just stick a length of tubing on there and then it can sit on top of the grain bed whatever height it is. I like that a lot...

I just use a SS float ball that you can run a silicone hose through. It floats on the top of the mash and sort of whirlpools the liquid on top of the grain bed.

It's basically the same as what comes with a Blichmann Autosparge.

Back