Recommend an online "Kegging Primer?"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellosluggo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have a recommendation for an online start-to-finish primer for someone interested in kegging? I realize there's TONS of info right here, but I'm wondering if there is a good, reliable, all-in-one illustrated tutorial for kegging beginners available.

I'm waaaay out from even thinking about beginning, but not having a background in engineering/HVAC/quantum physics or even basic mechanics, I would like to be able to read up and have somewhat of a basic working understanding of all the cool stuff I'm seeing y'all do here! I'm sure there are some books available at my LHBS as well, but there's probably something available online.

Did you look at the stickies in the bottling/kegging forum? I've found all the info I needed there and looking at Bobby M, and Craigtube's Youtube videos on kegging.

I was just reading Bobby M's sticky on force carbing when you replied. I guess what I'm interested in is a "Kegging for Dummies" style tutorial (for lack of a better term).

BTW, Revvy, I used a modification of your bottling-wand-attached-to-spigot method the other day using a 1.5" piece of tubing as an adapter to the spigot so that the wand makes contact with the spigot but has some slight flexibility. Worked like a charm. Thanks for the idea!

Back