recomendations for 20 gallon stainless mash tun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maida7

Reaction score
I'm currently mashing in a 15 gallon morebeer pot with a false bottom and it's a bit small. 20 gallons is really what I need. I recirculate during the mash and direct fire to maintain temps.

my needs...
20 gallons
stainless
false bottom
1/2" drain valve
thermometer
some sort of sight glass or markings to easily read volume of strike water would be nice

I'm thinking Blichmann but I'm open to suggestions. Blichmann is pretty expensive.

So any suggestions?

Stout looks interesting but no sight glass and I wonder how the false bottom compares with blichmann. Stout is also unusually tall :confused:

Mine has a sight glass. I really like the false bottom too as it does its job!

Maybe but you are circulating the mash when heating right? Probably would depend on high you have the burner and how thick your mash is.

yeah, I recirculate with a pump the entire time. I don't get any scorching currently but my false bottom is pretty tall and covers the entire bottom of the pot.

The "unusually tall" stout you are looking at might be the bottom drain version (or are they all now?). You can add a sight glass. Need it on a MLT?

You can add anything you want. Not a lot more $$$, but you might wait a while.

Todd

Back