(Recipe) PM: Superbowl Showdown

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCADJockey

ALL YOUR BASE
Reaction score
Hey, I've got a large group of friends coming up from PA for the SuperBowl. My buddy and I decided to have a little brewing showdown and let the PA crew be the judges. They all seem to love our local Blueberry Wheats and Strawberry Blondes, and very few of them enjoy IPA's.

I'm looking for partial mash, 5 gallon recipe suggestions. I would really like to blow them away with this one. However, if it has fruit it will be my first time. Should I avoid that for the sake of competition or just go for it? Thanks!!!

Oh.. If I was to guess, I would say I am likely going up against a stout or bock.

Head over to:
http://www.homebrewing.org/Specialty-Beer-Kits_c_150.html

and find a beer you like. Most will have recipes under the 'instructions' link.

Make sure to patronize them as I do for their generous offer of recipes.

I like how some recipes add extract just before bottling. 'Sprinkle to taste' :D

'da Kid

Wow cool man. I never noticed that link on their site. Raspberry Plunder Cream Ale? I've never made a cream ale... and it does have a pirate on it.. hrm.

I can recommend WLP080 for a Cream Ale if you don't have temp control; especially this time of year if you have a cellar or 'cool' room.

I used it for a Cream Ale and then pitched that into a Black IPL.

'da Kid

I started using a swamp cooler and can hold at ~58* very steady without ice, otherwise ambient house temp is 68+. I would like to experience using a different yeast. To this day the only thing I have ever used is US05.

Back