Recipe help/suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ardonthorn5

Reaction score
Howdy all. I have some ingredients and a basic direction, but am at a crossroads. Here's the basics:

caramunich II (10 oz.)
3 lbs. amber DME (60 mins)
6 lbs golden LME (15 mins)
1.5 lbs. amber agave syrup/extract

So...the crossroads. I have 2 oz. of ahtanum, 2 oz. of amarillo, 1 oz. of warrior and 1 oz. centennial. I also have 1 lb. of Special B. I could go hop crazy, but i'm not really sure if i want to. I kind of want to go the malty route on this one. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Do you know what style you're going for? Sounds like you're shooting for some kind of agave ale. I would think you're only going to need 1-2 ounces of hops for this style, but I've not brewed one before so you might do a search for some example recipes (assuming I am right about where you're going with the recipe!).

Shooting for a red ale. I was going to add a pound of extra light DME, but was running low, so i'm using that for a starter. I was at the grocery store and saw the agave nectar, and decided to use that instead.

Back