Ready for bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordanwill91

Reaction score
My coopers English bitter is on day 9 now, the OG was 1045, on day nine it's staying at 1013 and not really changing. Is it good to bottle yet?

That seems a little high for a low gravity beer. What yeast did you use?

If you aren't in a hurry it's usually better to let your beer sit a little longer as the yeast will consume the things they created while at work eating the sugars, which produce some off flavors. Your beer will be a little cleaner if you allow it maybe 3 weeks, though, with a low gravity beer, maybe only 2 weeks is necessary. Others more knowledgeable than I would better assist you in the time frame, but the FG still seems rather high.

Most say to wait at least 14 days before bottling im new to this myself just done a lot of research and readind here

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

I used the yeast provided with the coopers English bitter, I also have the fermentor on a heat pad which is keeping the temperature at 22 degrees

I'd let it sit a while. Even if fermentation is complete, the beer will benefit from some time on the yeast cake to help clear up and condition. Letting it sit for a couple more weeks will only improve the flavor.

At 9 days,a Cooper's kit usually isn't done. but if you boiled the can,it could give a higher FG than normal. not to mention,turning any flavor hops to bitter.
Mine took 2-3 weeks to get to FG & settle out clear or slightly misty. Cooper's ale yeast is a high flocculation yeast that settles out quite clear.

Back