Re-using Apfelwein Kegs. Safe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zegolf

Reaction score
I've got my first batch of Apfelwein fermenting, but from just about every post on this forum, it seems this won't be the last batch I make. One of the things I want to make sure of is that I avoid cross-contamination or anything that might disrupt my homebrewing process. I plan on kegging this Apfelwein, but wanted to know if the materials I used in the process (Better bottle and corny keg) are going to be safe to use to brew other things (more Apfelwein and, eventually, beer).

Thanks!

If you are properly cleaning and sanitizing everything, I don't see why it wouldn't be safe..

That's what I thought, but I remembered someone saying to me one time that if you used any equipment for soda, you shouldn't use it for beer. But that doesn't make a ton of sense, considering most corny kegs come from soda companies. Better to be safe, than sorry though, right?

Thanks for your input.

That's what I thought, but I remembered someone saying to me one time that if you used any equipment for soda, you shouldn't use it for beer. But that doesn't make a ton of sense, considering most corny kegs come from soda companies. Better to be safe, than sorry though, right?

Thanks for your input.

I don't think that has anything to do with safety, my belief would be that it has more to do with getting flavor contamination especially in plastics.

Latest posts

Back