re pitching

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grod1

Reaction score
okay so for those of you who have read my other post you know i just brewed my first brew yesterday. I used
yeast strain: 3763 Roeselare Ale Blend
(Belgian style ale strain, a sherry strain,2 Brettanomyces strains, Lactobacillus culture, Pediococcus culture)
Okay so the yeast pack i used was pretty old best if used by next month.When i slapped it, it did create co2 so i wasn't worried. Today, now 24 hours from pitch i don't see any visible signs of c02 production.I immediately took another roeselare ale blend out of my fridge and slapped it.I had bought 2 for no good reason.
I was about to add it to my fermentor when i stopped.Should i not do that? Is re pitching a bad idea?This bag is noticeably more active.
:mug: i know with a regular beer dyou would NOT re-pitch and risk contamination. but this is a sour.
I am also enjoying an Avery "antonius Carmen" from october 2014 it has a nice chunk of yeast on the bottom.I do plan on adding this but should i do it tonight or make a culture and add at my secondary.

Leave that beer alone for at least a year. No need to do anything at all.

yes, i know there is no need.let me ask that different
will i harm my beer by adding the same culture blend 24 hours after pitching.

No, likely not. But it won't add value so I wouldn't. With this strain, pitch and forget about it until next year.

Leave it alone. Use the other yeast for another brew. Brew often. Actually, let that yeast you smacked Sit for a day, put it back in the fridge, and brew the same beer. After that go buy two more carboys or whatever you ferment in because you'll have 10 gallons of sour beer next year ready for fresh wort on yeast cake.

since i already activated the roselair i added it to a starter wit the antonius Carmen. ill add it at secondary at 10 days with my brett lambis

Back