Re-pitch yeast from Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbsg02

Reaction score
I just brewed a Pale Ale using Wyeast 1968 and London ESB and wanted to use that in a hard cider. Any issues going from beer to cider? I know going from cider to beer isn't ideal, don't see why re-pitching ale yeast into cider wouldn't work though. Just wanted to check here first.

I just brewed a Pale Ale using Wyeast 1968 and London ESB and wanted to use that in a hard cider. Any issues going from beer to cider? I know going from cider to beer isn't ideal, don't see why re-pitching ale yeast into cider wouldn't work though. Just wanted to check here first.
I pitched ciders directly into yeast cakes from saisons before, turned out great. Unless you are having something professionally judged (and maybe even not then), it shouldn't matter much using a cake from a relatively neutral beer like APA. If you're harvesting and getting rid of any extra liquid after it settles, you should have no problem at all. Wash and make a starter if you have any concern, just for your own peace of mind.

Latest posts

Back