Ratebeer now partially owned by ABInBev?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cshamilton

Reaction score
Just heard about this today, even though it went down about 8 months ago. Don't forget that ABI also has a stake in October (a beer lifestyle magazine), Good Beer Hunting (blog), Northern Brewer, Keurig, Pico Brew, Owl's Brew and on and on....

Just heard about this today, even though it went down about 8 months ago. Don't forget that ABI also has a stake in October (a beer lifestyle magazine), Good Beer Hunting (blog), Northern Brewer, Keurig, Pico Brew, Owl's Brew and on and on....

That's why I do my best to stay away from all those places, basically anything that has to do with AB InBev.

MidWest Supplies (a subsidiary of Northern Brewer) is therefore also owned by AB InBev.

I did not know about PicoBrew (if so, fooey Denny!) and Keurig, although the last one doesn't surprise me, I've always avoided Green Mountain like the plague.

Wasn't sure if anyone posted on this already, but apparently ZX Ventures bought a minority stake of Ratebeer. I'm not a huge user of that site, but a lot of craft beer people are.

Dogfish Head has called them out for a conflict of interest and asked for all of their beers to be removed.

Here are the links: https://www.ratebeer.com/forums/ratebeer-investment-announcement_296260.htm

https://www.dogfish.com/blog/message-sam-current-ratebeer-changes

I don't care for beer ratings and that stuff, it's a very biased and deceiving method, more so when (partially) owned by an oligopolist in that market.

But a good move by DFH. Bravo Sam and Maria! I'll drink a pint of DFH 90 to that when I see one!

And key the pro AB inbev hbt'rs!

Hi!

AB tendrils run deep through the entire beer world, from craft to magazines to homebrew shops to bar equipment to the snacks on the bar (Eagle snacks, man I love those honey roasted peanuts).

Your best way to combat the evil empire is to quit the beverage altogether. That'll show them.

They can take our beer, but they can never take our freedom...to home brew.

I'll grow my own damn hops and barley if I have to. I hope I didn't just give them their next idea...AB fertilizer.

Dogfishead and others (Holler in Houston...) have advised the do not want to be included in any of RateBeer's reviews. More power to them.

If you want some truly impartial, fun and light brewery reviews, follow twobrewdogs.com (and Facebook) instead :)

Back