Raspberry Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tapout

Reaction score
What do y'all use for the raspberry addition if you've brewed a raspberry beer? And how much would you use for a 5 gallon batch?

I've gone the quick and easy method and used Brewers Best Raspberry Extract found at my LHBS. Four ounces for a five gallon batch at bottle/keg seems to do the trick and have had positive feedback on it. I also use the Strawberry for a Strawberry Ale that's a mainstay at my place.

Thanks for the replies. I looked at my LHBS, but didn't see any extract. Of course, I didn't ask either, so maybe I'll hit them up about it next time I'm in there.

As for the purée, where would I find it? I looked in Publix here in FL and all I found was raspberry pie filling, jam, and jelly. I haven't made a concerted effort to find any yet, so I'm just asking.

I am currently drinking a 5 gallon raspberry wheat ale. I added 600g of frozen raspberries to the secondary. Pretty sure I bought them at Walmart. The beer is delicious.

Back