Raspberry Blonde Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hastur

Reaction score
So, I'm bottling a blonde ale in the next week or so and I wanted to do a half batch with raspberry extract. I was just wondering how much extract to add to each bottle when each bottle is approximately 32 oz's.

I find it's easiest to get a commercial (or previously brewed) similar beer, and mix in extracts to see how well they match up and what quantity to use. 32oz is a lot to sample with, but you could get a few commercial blondes and mix, then taste it. After that you'll know how much to add. I've done this with a few to see how well they work out.

Now, I know that a lot of places sell extracts designed for 5 gallon batches. If that's the case, you could very well split the bottle in half and add accordingly. To make it easier, you can bottle 1/2 of your 5 gallon batch, pour half of the extract bottle into your bottling bucket, stir, and bottle the rest. The only problem is that not everybody prefers the same strength of flavor.

Latest posts

Back