Rant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Why are people so rude?

We went to Busch Gardens the other day, and stopped in at Grogan's Pub in Ireland for a break and a brew. I'm partial to the Bare Knuckle Stout, but I saw they had on tap the new Bud seasonal called Beach Bum Blonde. I asked what it was and the snooty hoity toity bartender (talking to me like I was an idiot) said it is along the lines of an Indian Pale Ale. I said, you mean India Pale Ale? Mr. attitude then says, NO, Indian Pale Ale. I was like WTF is that? I just laughed it off as him being an idiot. So then I asked for a sample. He said he couldn't give samples. I asked why not, and he said "we just can't". So getting further agitated, I asked how Bud ever expected people to try the new stuff if they won't offer it to consumers. I'm not kidding, the next words out of the guys mouth were "ARE YOU GOING TO ORDER SOMETHING?"

If I had quicker goat thinking, I'd have ripped the guy a new arsehole, but I think I was too amazed at his attitude. Anyway, I ended up getting a couple of BK stouts, and later on I had the full intention of talking to his manager, but my Mom (she was visiting us) who was standing next to me the whole time told me to chillax about it. I did, but even a week later I'm still a touch miffed by that. Do you guys think I need to get on prozac? :D

I figured I'm going to write a letter to Augie Busch anyway. I shouldn't have to deal with service like that.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.

Did your mom actually use the word 'chillax?' If so, she sounds like the coolest mom ever, (not to mention the fact that she had the forthought to name you Dude, amazing woman that!)

You did well showing restraint. I would have gotten pissed and made a fool out of myself.
I wouldn't worry about contacting Bud about this. Sounds like they don't want people trying their new beer. It might taste like an Indian pale ale but I bet it ain't close to an IPA.

I’m more of a passive aggressive type. When somebody like that annoys me, I don’t yell and scream – I just do my very best to annoy the living hell out of them while smiling the entire time.

I would have asked for a pint of the Beach Bum Blonde, and if I didn’t like it, I would have complained about the carbonation or something and made him take it back. I’d also ask for anything I could see that was up high on a shelf or far away. Asking for a glass of water works good too – then spill it.

I also would have kept mentioning INDIA pale ale – making sure I emphasized it every time. Then snicker.

Getting all riled up and yelling gives the other party a sense of satisfaction. They got to you. If you can get under their skin without losing your temper, you’ve won.

Also, whatever Beach Bum Blonde actually does taste like, I think we can be pretty sure that it tastes nothing like an India(n) pale ale. Sounds like the guy didn't know his arse from a hole in the ground.

In addition to the Indian Pal Ale, these are among the beers you could NOW order:
  1. Russia Empirical Stout
  2. Vienna Log Beer
  3. Half a Miester Wheast Beer
  4. California Common Law
  5. England Better
  6. Belgium Lamb Lick
  7. Bach's Beer (family recipe)
  8. Goat Box Beer (in a box like wine and has a goat on it)
  9. Vidal Sassoon
  10. Schwartz Beer (Kosher) or Shorts Beer (a summer cooler)
  11. Mauled Liquor or Malled Liquor or Molled Liquor?
  12. Gluteus Free Beer (No Ass)
  13. Honey Logger (Gay Lumberjack Ale)
  14. May Pole Logger
  15. Ireland Dried Stout

The guy works at Busch Gardens.....isn't that punishment enough?

olllllo said:
In addition to the Indian Pal Ale, these are among the beers you could NOW order:
  1. Russia Empirical Stout
  2. Vienna Log Beer
  3. Half a Miester Wheast Beer
  4. California Common Law
  5. England Better
  6. Belgium Lamb Lick
  7. Bach's Beer (family recipe)
  8. Goat Box Beer (in a box like wine and has a goat on it)
  9. Vidal Sassoon
  10. Schwartz Beer (Kosher) or Shorts Beer (a summer cooler)
  11. Mauled Liquor or Malled Liquor or Molled Liquor?
  12. Gluteus Free Beer (No Ass)
  13. Honey Logger (Gay Lumberjack Ale)
  14. May Pole Logger
  15. Ireland Dried Stout
:rockin: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Place to rant right?
Right.

I totally hate it when I am being disrepected by some young yummy blonde **** and the ******* (my date) takes up for her. Movie ticket booth, hostess, whatever...

Hell if "IT" wa a male he'd be the first to jump into the fray.

Lesson:
Never date that piss-poor-excuse-for-a-dick again.

Copper
:mug: :mug:

I haven't been to a Hardee's in almost twenty years because of bad service. If a business pisses me off, I just don't go there anymore. I work too hard for my money to give it to a$$holes.

You didn't miss anything with the Spring Beach Bum, got a sixer of it the other day it's crappy for a wheat and not enough hops for an IPA... ZERO head but the little head it does have is thick... Not very good, but better than Bud... What i'm waiting for is the Winter Bourbon Cask Ale. Went to an Oktoberfest in town and they gave some samples of it. Some good stuff there, let's just hope they don't water it down.

I think I have had the beach bum blonde at a "Cheeseburger in Paradise" restraunt. One of jimmy buffets.

The beer is not bad at all. It is like bud with hops. So, highly carbonated, little to zero malt flavor, but yes, there is some hop flavor in there.

Nothing really like an India Pale Ale, but perhaps all the use of maize is infact what makes it the Indian Pale Ale.

BREW ON!

Bernie Brewer said:
I haven't been to a Hardee's in almost twenty years because of bad service. If a business pisses me off, I just don't go there anymore. I work too hard for my money to give it to a$$holes.

Speaking of Hardees, if you're ever on 95 in NC, somwhere near exit 140-something, don't go to Hardees. (it's the 1st Hardee's south of the Whitakers exit which I believe is 150). I went in there and the line was a little long so I decided to use the bathroom first. I was at the sink washing my hands, a toilet flushes, a Hardees employee walks out of a stall, looks right at me, and walks right by me and out the door. I thought for a second, that's gross but maybe he's leaving for the day or going on break (still not excuse in my book). I walked out of the bathroom, saw him walk behind the counter to go back to work, I said out loud, "Oh hell no!", turned around and walked out. I tried to report it on their website but their comment form hasn't been working for a while....how convenient.

Yeup, make a complaint there on the spot and then don't go back. Also tell everybody that you know not to go there. Ensure that all other patrons are aware of what happened. There is no excuse for rudeness and a quick punch in the face would be helpful sometimes but the law would frown upon such actions.

todd_k said:
Speaking of Hardees, if you're ever on 95 in NC, somwhere near exit 140-something, don't go to Hardees. (it's the 1st Hardee's south of the Whitakers exit which I believe is 150). I went in there and the line was a little long so I decided to use the bathroom first. I was at the sink washing my hands, a toilet flushes, a Hardees employee walks out of a stall, looks right at me, and walks right by me and out the door. I thought for a second, that's gross but maybe he's leaving for the day or going on break (still not excuse in my book). I walked out of the bathroom, saw him walk behind the counter to go back to work, I said out loud, "Oh hell no!", turned around and walked out. I tried to report it on their website but their comment form hasn't been working for a while....how convenient.

Was in a chinese resturant in sydney a few months ago and went to the toilet. Did not tell my wife what I saw and decided to cancel main course and left. What I saw was a used santitory towel lying on the floor in the very unwashed toilet. NOT GOOD. "Clean your toilet" was all I said to the manager and left leaving the money for the starters.

dibby33 said:
Yeup, make a complaint there on the spot and then don't go back. Also tell everybody that you know not to go there. Ensure that all other patrons are aware of what happened. There is no excuse for rudeness and a quick punch in the face would be helpful sometimes but the law would frown upon such actions.

I agree. I would have made other people aware (at least the manager, if not customers) that the employee hadnt washed his hands. Then I would have left and not returned.

- magno

Latest posts

Back