Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evil Twin cucumber from the garden ...
20220716_154908.jpg

Interestingly, the product's website exchanges 'plant-based' with 'vegan'. Importantly, this seasoned popcorn has no butter. It's got nothing to do with the corn.

If you're looking to mock something, how about a national Walmart contract for popcorn going to a Jonas Brothers bandmate. Just like he used to make backstage!

Speaking with a couple decades as a stagehand, we hate popcorn backstage. The smell everywhere! Greasy fingers on our really expensive-to-clean drapes! Microphones, etc., etc. Grease everywhere!

Our city house has a row of small pine trees separating our side yard from the neighbor’s. I think they’re called Mugo Pine or Mountain Pine. Anyway, these trees have really small needles which grow in sort of star shaped clusters. A few days ago I noticed something sticking out of one of the trees, near the top. Upon further review, it appears that a seed from another variety of fir tree landed in this tree, sprouted, and grafted itself to the trunk. So now we have a Frankentree. Or something.
B3A999F6-2804-429D-AC02-EF46D751D660.jpeg

Speaking with a couple decades as a stagehand, we hate popcorn backstage. The smell everywhere! Greasy fingers on our really expensive-to-clean drapes! Microphones, etc., etc. Grease everywhere!
Right there with you!!! Spending years as a sound-for-picture/mobile recording guy, there were few things worse than having to clean food, drink and bodily residue off of the disasteously twisted miles of expensive cables that somebody 'helped me out' by 'winding up' for me! :p

Our city house has a row of small pine trees separating our side yard from the neighbor’s. I think they’re called Mugo Pine or Mountain Pine. Anyway, these trees have really small needles which grow in sort of star shaped clusters. A few days ago I noticed something sticking out of one of the trees, near the top. Upon further review, it appears that a seed from another variety of fir tree landed in this tree, sprouted, and grafted itself to the trunk. So now we have a Frankentree. Or something.View attachment 775178

Alberta Spruce, which is a genetic dwarfing mutation of, I believe, White Spruce. They get used a lot in urban landscapes and cemeteries, since some find them attractive and are very slow growing.

What you have there is a sprout off the same tree that went back to pre-mutated form. It is actually pretty common to see that in older specimens.

Alberta Spruce, which is a genetic dwarfing mutation of, I believe, White Spruce. They get used a lot in urban landscapes and cemeteries, since some find them attractive and are very slow growing.

What you have there is a sprout off the same tree that went back to pre-mutated form. It is actually pretty common to see that in older specimens.
Thanks, that makes sense. The house was built in ‘83; the trees were probably planted not long after. We’ve had the house for 6 years and the trees haven’t grown much, if any, since then (they’re about 7 ft tall).

Found some more pics from the Hike, both taken within 24hrs but showing the unpredictable mountain weather getting worser and worser, we walked through a storm during the highest stretch of the trail, leading through a mountain pass...
A happy Anglophile and a not so happy Anglophile...

Attachments

• IMG_20220712_191818.jpg
    IMG_20220712_191818.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220713_141949.jpg
    IMG_20220713_141949.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
I only got 4 right.

I was told my answer to the riddle was incorrect, but it absolutely fits

I don't know how they came up with the number answer. it says "answer is not 6"

294674038_10228635451974957_7475302972475460195_n.jpg

1) 6 months (I said 4 years)
2) 116 years (I said 112. close)
3) International Committee of the Red Cross (League of Nations)
4) first ten Amendments
5) 36 years & still dead (I said 40. again, 4 years off)
6) asp/snake
7) Articles of Confederation
8.) 4

riddle: a bank (I said "river", which also fits the riddle)

extra credit: 7, tho I don't see how that works. I said "R" because I've driven a 5-speed transmission

Back