Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1654775986621.png

First, that's a good looking meal.
Second, The Rorschach-Pork Chop test is much more accurate for determining a mental condition than a Rorschach alone.
Not a lot of people know that.

HEY! You should know that around these parts, the Rorschach-Beer-Foam test has completely supplanted any meat-based Rorschach, although the Rorschach-Pizza and Rorschach-Smoked-Shoulder splinter factions still make a ruckus.

Last edited:
Yes we have red fire ants here in Florida and if you step on a mound while shore fishing or whatever they will tear you up. They leave little welts that swell, itch, and each one fills with fluid. Nasty!

John

in my shorts? not for a $billion
I had just woken up, groggy. Put on the shorts. Then my thighs were burning to an alarming degree. I was now fully awake. The main thing on my mind was to get in the shower before a worst-case-scenario occurred. It didn't.
It's funny now.

They leave little welts that swell, itch, and each one fills with fluid. Nasty!
It happened fast but I was lucky to not have gotten the fluid thing. I don't remember how red the skin was but it was red.
It was my first encounter with the little fellas.

Being non-specific when delivering bad news, "they say" makes it so you can't nail down where the bad news is coming from.
Them, they say, is a good movie.

“Can an airplane take off from a treadmill?”.
Just for fun, I'm thinking that if the wheels of the craft are in good shape and greased, only the wheels will turn.
I'm not going to rebut or argue since I'm not qualified but it was a very fun mind puzzle.
You might have even meant it as a joke, I don't know.
Now mobius strips....

Last edited:
Without wind over the wings there is no lift. So if the treadmill was on a moving train….
That was funny.
I like the stepping out of an elevator just before crashes (shout out to Bugs Bunny, I think?)
I actually investigated (went on the internet) Flat Earth stuff. They really, really want to believe. I learned definitely not to make fun of them.

Just for fun, I'm think that if the wheels of the craft are in good shape and greased, only the wheels will turn.
I'm not going to rebut or argue since I'm not qualified but it was a very fun mind puzzle.
You might have even meant it as a joke, I don't know.
Now mobius strips....
The wheels of an airplane only support the airplane when it’s on the ground. They have nothing to do with propelling the airplane. That is done by the thrust from the propeller. The air doesn’t care what the wheels are doing; the thrust will move the airplane forward but, assuming the treadmill is moving opposite of the airplane, the wheels will spin faster than normal. When takeoff speed is reached the wheels will be spinning twice as fast as on a stationary runway (assuming that the treadmill is moving at the aircraft’s normal takeoff speed; that‘s how the challenge is usually presented) but the airplane will stil take off.

I actually investigated (went on the internet) Flat Earth stuff. They really, really want to believe. I learned definitely not to make fun of them.
Didn't know.. The secret UN NWO army at the antarctic ice wall at the edge of the earth have to use treadmills for the secret planes that every meteorologist on earth uses to fake round satellite images, to take off or they'll fall over the side!
...oh... I forgot my CAPS LOCK and BOLD TYPE!! o_O

Too few Random Pictures on this page...
Here's another use for grain-socks that makes a cervical collar breathable, cleaner and a lot easier on the skin:
IMG_1257.jpg

Didn't know.. The secret UN NWO army at the antarctic ice wall at the edge of the earth have to use treadmills for the secret planes that every meteorologist on earth uses to fake round satellite images, to take off or they'll fall over the side!
...oh... I forgot my CAPS LOCK and BOLD TYPE!!
Yeah, kind of like that. An inclination that I'm guilty of is, "COME ON, MAN!!! SERIOUSLY???"
EDITED because I'm probably wrong about what was here.

The wheels of an airplane only support the airplane when it’s on the ground. They have nothing to do with propelling the airplane. That is done by the thrust from the propeller. The air doesn’t care what the wheels are doing; the thrust will move the airplane forward but, assuming the treadmill is moving opposite of the airplane, the wheels will spin faster than normal. When takeoff speed is reached the wheels will be spinning twice as fast as on a stationary runway (assuming that the treadmill is moving at the aircraft’s normal takeoff speed; that‘s how the challenge is usually presented) but the airplane will stil take off.
So it does work is what I got. That's cool.

Without wind over the wings there is no lift. So if the treadmill was on a moving train….
Every plane I’ve been on has a kitchen well stocked with microwave ovens. You notice how when they’re serving dinner it’s smoother? That’s because those microwaves are busy warming your chicken or beef INSTEAD OF PROVIDING THRUST.
Those things out on the wings are just for dispersing chemtrails.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/EmDrive

Back