Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from the tap list at Mellow Mushroom, pretentious pizza joint

underwhelming food, 30 taps

just down the road from us, haven't been in years, because pretentious underwhelming food

254.jpg

As Inigo would say, there is too much, let me sum up, if I have this correctly:
I can bury my buckets to encourage better temp?
It sounds like I should severely limit plants per bucket?
I can encourage tuber growth with potassium and phosphate (bone meal)?

Trying to stay on topic here:
View attachment 769041

I've never tried the bury-the-buckets thing, but if you were going to do that, might as well just plant them directly in the ground.
For number of plants, just one per bucket is plenty. A couple seed potato eyes. I usually harvest when the potatoes are still small, and usually grow reds (Red Pontiac, etc), or Yukon Gold. If you want to grow large taters, use a bigger pot, or direct plant in the ground. Russets will take up some space.
A little potassium/phosphorus is good, or any vegetable fertilizer low in nitrogen.

Staying on-topic:
DevoOhNoItsDevo.jpg

Another New Mexico fire, this one about 30 miles from us. We're not in any danger from this one but who knows when and where the next one will be. It still has not rained a single time here so far this year and there's no rain forecast for the foreseeable future.

Attachments

• 20220516_124828.jpg
    20220516_124828.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 0
Another New Mexico fire, this one about 30 miles from us. We're not in any danger from this one but who knows when and where the next one will be. It still has not rained a single time here so far this year and there's no rain forecast for the foreseeable future.
Yesterday it was at 1000 acres, this morning it's grown to 19,000 acres.

What time of year does it rain there? I was surprised when someone from Arizona said they got their rain during the summer.

from the tap list at Mellow Mushroom, pretentious pizza joint

underwhelming food, 30 taps

just down the road from us, haven't been in years, because pretentious underwhelming food

View attachment 769042
There are few good places in Albany GA to both eat and drink. We Mellow every couple of months. There is a pie there we both like which is odd for me. Not a pizza fan. But the tap list is great.

As Inigo would say, there is too much, let me sum up, if I have this correctly:
I can bury my buckets to encourage better temp?
It sounds like I should severely limit plants per bucket?
I can encourage tuber growth with potassium and phosphate (bone meal)?

If what you are currently doing produces results you are happy with, perhaps don't change it.

Higher than normal soil temps, due to being in containers or otherwise, will supposably increase vegetative growth at the expense of tuber growth. And it is the tubers we want here, not the semi toxic foliage...anyway..

Over crowding any crop can limit yields, but like most things, it is a trade off, and one wants to find a happy medium.

In the land of N P K, (nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium) (if I remember correctly from soil science degree, the K comes from the German word for potassium, but it was a long time ago)

Anyway, bone meal is good, but any organic slow release source of NPK in ratio of around 1-2-2 up to 5-10-10 is good to promote tuber growth. Higher N ratios OK at beginning when one to get the plants of to good start..

I had heard of Mellow Mushroom when I lived in Atlanta in the early 80s, but never tried their pizza

Because I worked at Mo's Pizza & the pizza there was great. Why should I eat any other pie?

We just got an OKish rain last evening and more over night. (I woke this morning to the roof dripping into the flower garden and the valley noticeably greener.) Here's to praying for rain for you!

I'm in the village of Eagle Nest. Our nearest village is Angel Fire (about ten miles away) and it is threatened by the Hermits Peak/ Calf Canyon fire (the largest in State history). The wind is dying down and today is the first day in quite a while that the southern horizon isn't dominated by smoke.

We just got an OKish rain last evening and more over night. (I woke this morning to the roof dripping into the flower garden and the valley noticeably greener.) Here's to praying for rain for you!

I'm in the village of Eagle Nest. Our nearest village is Angel Fire (about ten miles away) and it is threatened by the Hermits Peak/ Calf Canyon fire (the largest in State history). The wind is dying down and today is the first day in quite a while that the southern horizon isn't dominated by smoke.
I used to take clients fishing at Eagle Nest, that's a beautiful area. Are you threatened by the fire? Eagle Nest is more of a grassland area if I remember correctly.

We’ve had a nesting pair of Canada Geese come back to our yard for the last 3 or 4 years. Yesterday, my wife mentioned that the geese hadn’t showed up yet. I looked out the back door a little while ago and they were perched on the roof of the shop like a pair of weathervanes. So, spring has finally, officially, arrived on the Frozen Tundra. Crappy cell phone pic.
6AB5DFC9-5BBC-4303-BB2A-DFD295FC919E.jpeg

We’ve had a nesting pair of Canada Geese come back to our yard for the last 3 or 4 years. Yesterday, my wife mentioned that the geese hadn’t showed up yet. I looked out the back door a little while ago and they were perched on the roof of the shop like a pair of weathervanes. So, spring has finally, officially, arrived on the Frozen Tundra. Crappy cell phone pic.
View attachment 769195
Nice brewshed.

Nice brewshed.
We‘re in the process of painting it. That’s why the truck with the scaffold on it is there. It’s also planting time so it’s not the ideal time for other projects but we had access to some additional, albeit unskilled, labor so we‘re trying to do two things at once.

Ya had me until "debris"

Research reveals it's a tasty recipe, just the name is somewhat off-putting

Ruby Slipper, Metairie, LA & the WORST ****ing service in the ****ing history of restaurants (20 minutes to be seated, 10 to get our drink order & another 45 minutes waiting for the wrong food -5/5)

282333960_10228245493066228_5899577789482065432_n.jpg

We had to visit the county seat today (renewing license plates) and my wife wanted to visit her mom in the care center there. While waiting for my wife I went to the storage unit, a few blocks away, where we stored a lot of stuff from my parents’ house when they went into senior housing. I hadn’t been there in awhile and thought I should do some inventory to see if this stuff really needed to be saved. I found these two small paintings in a box inside a plastic tote.
F4AB17A3-4C40-4777-A8CF-49BE708B64E7.jpeg

2269EFB3-D223-41B0-89C9-DCF00947EB3B.jpeg

My dad was a commercial artist and illustrator from 1949-1960, in Denver, CO. We moved back to the farm in early ‘61. Dad saved a lot of the artwork he did while working on advertising layouts. I thought we had saved everything that wasn’t just a rough sketch. These looked worthy of framing, even though they were probably done quickly (they’re acrylic paint on cardboard) just to show the same scene in different lighting. I’m sure we’ll find someplace to display them (as if we need more stuff at this point in our lives :cool:).

My how styles have changed.

View attachment 769194

That there Ranchero was built on same unibody as the Falcon.. not a truck really,,, but then again, neither is the new one next to it.

I'll take the Ranchero, probably could trade a nice one like that for a new porch, a builder friend of mine is a big fan of those.

That there Ranchero was built on same unibody as the Falcon.. not a truck really,,, but then again, neither is the new one next to it.

I'll take the Ranchero, probably could trade a nice one like that for a new porch, a builder friend of mine is a big fan of those.
I had to chuckle a little bit,
The amount of pick-up's that actually do pick-up things make me laugh anymore . Seems like if you have a PU you also need a trailer. Heaven forbid you put stuff in the skimpy, high off the ground box of the PU.
Yeah, I'm a boomer I guess, and stay off my lawn too.
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.

Chuckle away & I have to agree, most of my pickups are these, they work every day.

And boomer? you would even admit to that? ;} just kidding, sort of, I wouldn't,.. even if I was.

BTW, only way I ever even look at your lawn is if you're paying me good money. Good work ain't cheep.
The amount of pick-up's that actually do pick-up things make me laugh anymore . Seems like if you have a PU you also need a trailer. Heaven forbid you put stuff in the skimpy, high off the ground box of the PU.
Joel B.

IMG_1837.JPG

Joel B.
Here's my lawn and one of the groundskeeping staff. BTW my pickup has 359,000 miles and does pickup stuff every time it leaves the house. Today that's taking a load of trash to the county dump. I'm also a very proud Boomer. These young whippersnappers will never experience half the stuff we've gone through.
DSCF0027.JPG

When we bought this house I gave my lawn equipment to my son, I will never need to mow my rocks here. Very nice roses, that a plant I have never had any success with.

pretty much have ignored them for years, they just turned out like this

our 1 indoor plant is perpetually dying, yet survives despite my best efforts to kill it

When we first bought our house I built a patio with those exact same pavers. After several MN winters, that patio started looking like a roller coaster from the frost heaving. But up until then they looked nice.

Bet they'll last longer in your location.

When we first bought our house I built a patio with those exact same pavers. After several MN winters, that patio started looking like a roller coaster from the frost heaving. But up until then they looked nice.

Bet they'll last longer in your location.
2018-08-29 09.15.26.jpg

Speaking of roller coasters. The view from one of my daily hikes.

We had to visit the county seat today (renewing license plates) and my wife wanted to visit her mom in the care center there. While waiting for my wife I went to the storage unit, a few blocks away, where we stored a lot of stuff from my parents’ house when they went into senior housing. I hadn’t been there in awhile and thought I should do some inventory to see if this stuff really needed to be saved. I found these two small paintings in a box inside a plastic tote.
View attachment 769317

View attachment 769318
My dad was a commercial artist and illustrator from 1949-1960, in Denver, CO. We moved back to the farm in early ‘61. Dad saved a lot of the artwork he did while working on advertising layouts. I thought we had saved everything that wasn’t just a rough sketch. These looked worthy of framing, even though they were probably done quickly (they’re acrylic paint on cardboard) just to show the same scene in different lighting. I’m sure we’ll find someplace to display them (as if we need more stuff at this point in our lives :cool:).
Future beer labels for you?

Back