Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Veterans Day. Jefferson Barracks Civil War cannon and rifle barrel gate. From 1980:
:
JB.png

Last edited:
Someone. Something

Some thing clawed the sky

At the very same time, I noticed I could see my breath

simultaneously reasoning what was happening to my breath was also happening at a higher altitude, with a much greater temperature difference & a huge amount more water vapor

2 extreme examples of the same natural phenomenon

20211121_090000.jpg

My nephew works for a "sentenced to serve" program for first-time offenders in Minneapolis. Instead of jail, the offenders do community service jobs--mainly cutting trees and clearing brush at various city parks, snow-clearing, etc. Nephew's job is crew chief on these tasks, supervising the clients. The other day, they cut down a big white oak tree. Knowing that I do woodworking, he asked me if I wanted a rough-cut slab (he's good with a chain saw). I said, "Hell yes!"

This is what I'll be receiving soon. Plan to make it into a garden bench.

SlabOak2.jpg

Last edited:
My nephew works for a "sentenced to serve" program for first-time offenders in Minneapolis. Instead of jail, the offenders do community service jobs--mainly cutting trees and clearing brush at various city parks, snow-clearing, etc. Nephew's job is crew chief on these tasks, supervising the clients. The other day, they cut down a big white oak tree. Knowing that I do woodworking, he asked me if I wanted a rough-cut slab (he's good with a chain saw). I said, "Hell yes!"

This is what I'll be receiving soon. Plan to make it into a garden bench.

View attachment 749853
I’d guess you might have a Windsor Plywood store in your area. Those usually have a large, live edge slab, or two, on display. I asked the lumber guy in the WP store here if there was a planer big enough to surface one of those. He said they just used a floor sander.

Back