Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't ask for it

Not eligible for it

Apparently we look like it

20210724_092743.jpg

Didn't ask for it

Not eligible for it

Apparently we look like it

View attachment 736623
Although there’s one about 5 minutes from our city house I’ve never been to a GC. From observing the folks coming and going in the parking lot, while passing by, I had concluded that young, able-bodied people didn’t even dine there. ;)

View attachment 735568

This is why I bought a Sawstop
I wonder if he really whacked his LEFT hand with a table saw.
I'm a southpaw, and I've never seen right-handers or lefties feed stock with their left hand.

-Tom (retired boatwright)

my dad actually did that a couple years back with a dado blade but it took off the ring, middle and into index finger. He also now has the sawstop and says he knew better, just thought he could get away with something.

^^ my Ex's grandmother was f'n hot when she was younger! When her grandfather told me the story of how he wouldn't give up until she went out with him, once I saw the pic, I totally understood!

found on Twitter: local brewery can label art

have not had the beer, but can't recall having any bad beer from Adroit Theory

also: food, cheese, cigar & music pairing recommendations

E7MbIWAXEAc6k8O.jpg

Last edited:
glad to see you're finally making it home. Where exactly are you? I'm in PHX. I just found a beer at the store, Fire Truck brewing Co. in Tucson. didn't even know they existed! have you had it yet?

glad to see you're finally making it home. Where exactly are you? I'm in PHX. I just found a beer at the store, Fire Truck brewing Co. in Tucson. didn't even know they existed! have you had it yet?
Nope, never heard of it. For the last 6 weeks, I've been drinking mozambique beers, and the least bad is one called 2M, or Mac Mahons. I'll look for it when I get home, there is a new pub/brewery on Silverbell Rd, about 10 miles south of where I live, I remember the name had something to do with Fire station, or Fire house or something like that.

IMG_20210728_083714303_HDR.jpg

And now, back to birds. I know this is a crappy pic, but these guys are pretty spooky, you point a camera at them, and they are gone. Back home, I'd call it a crow or raven. These have a dark grey cape and breast, remainder black as a crow.

View attachment 737074

And now, back to birds. I know this is a crappy pic, but these guys are pretty spooky, you point a camera at them, and they are gone. Back home, I'd call it a crow or raven. These have a dark grey cape and breast, remainder black as a crow.

Reminds me of the catbirds that hang out in the dogwoods in my back yard. I hear them more than see them. If I do see them they spook easily and fly into denser cover. Cool-looking birds, grey with little black crests on top of their heads. And they do sound like cats.

Reminds me of the catbirds that hang out in the dogwoods in my back yard. I hear them more than see them. If I do see them they spook easily and fly into denser cover. Cool-looking birds, grey with little black crests on top of their heads. And they do sound like cats.
Nope. Like I said, it's a really crappy pic. These are grey on the back of the neck, around the neck and down the breast. Otherwise, they look (and sound) just like a crow.

That man was a truly interesting individual. He lost both of his legs in an accident before WWII and became an air ace when he was reaccepted into the RAF in time for the Battle of Britain. Among other talents he was known for his use of foul language.

Well, finally got a clear PCR test. Leaving Maputo (!!!) Wednesday afternoon, will arrive in Tucson Thursday night. Get to fly on an Airbus 350-1000 from Doha to Dallas. Mozambique is a nice place to visit for a couple weeks, but.....

Nope. Like I said, it's a really crappy pic. These are grey on the back of the neck, around the neck and down the breast. Otherwise, they look (and sound) just like a crow.

That's an Indian House Crow if I'm not mistaken, an invading species in Southern Africa. Either that or a dirty Pied Crow.

Back