Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just came back from a turkey hunt a week ago in AZ. Every time we go elk hunting in that area we see turkey... this time, only saw 2 and they disappeared very quickly. I personally would have my bow out for that one!

Just as you suspected...

FB_IMG_1602547944915.jpg

I agree. That’s looks like some of our beaches. But it’a hard to say. I’m sure a lot of beaches have sand,grass and water
True that. What changes based on location is width of beach, slope of beach, height of waves.

Brew on :mug:

The picture I posted is at the northern most part of Florida on the Atlantic, right next to the Georgia border. The condo we rent is next door to the Ritz Carlton which we've also stayed at. After the scary, scary, scary COVID ******** is over, and you need a nice beach vacation and treat yourself and your significant other, I highly recommend that Ritz Carlton. It ain's cheap, but man it's really, really nice. There are some pretty nice beachfront rentals there too. I did miss the awesome sunrises over the ocean this year, besides the local shrimp caught out front.

1602615397666.png
P1030120.JPG

P1030201.JPG

My favorite place for vacation. Not this year unfortunately... We missed out on walking the beach and looking for sharks teeth.

View attachment 702320
I knew it was FB as soon as you mentioned sharks teeth. Love that place. I always leave the beach condo with a sore neck. In fact, it sounds like you rent a condo in our complex by your description, though your photo appears to be taken from a bit higher (our condos are only 3 stories). We are a couple complexes north of the Ritz.

Kinda early for that crap isn't it? Don't miss the times my yard looked like that.

Brew on :mug:
Sadly, it’s not early. We’re in Billings, which is in the Banana Belt of MT, and the first significant snow of the season often arrives a little earlier than this.

At our farm, 250 miles north of here, there have been years when the last snow occurred in early June and the first snow of the next season was in late August. Keeps the riff-raff out.

Billings is a cool city, so much more than just the Northeast Gateway to Jellystone. There's the Gallatin, Madison and even Yellowstone Rivers within a few hours of Billing. As a flyfishing maven I'm pretty sure I've flown into Montana more than any other state save NY and CA (decades of business stuff)...

Cheers!

E71ADE67-500A-4D47-A221-A4390AD376B7.jpeg

A friend made me a deal I couldn’t refuse. 2003 Yamaha 1100. Take it out of my way! Sweet! I’ll be over in 20 minutes with my helmet and gloves. Too bad the riding season is over in Alaska.
Hopefully I’ll be in Texas soon, with a 12 month season.

Billings is a cool city, so much more than just the Northeast Gateway to Jellystone. There's the Gallatin, Madison and even Yellowstone Rivers within a few hours of Billing. As a flyfishing maven I'm pretty sure I've flown into Montana more than any other state save NY and CA (decades of business stuff)...

Cheers!
Not to mention that the city now has 10 breweries, 2 distilleries, 1 winery, 1 well established (25+ years) LHBS, and another LHBS which just opened and also offers the option of brewing on premises. It’s a good place to be a beer lover.

my annual warning about using a flame candle in your jack-o'-lantern

don't

edit: yes, I took this picture. back in the late 90s we were visiting my sister in NJ. Her condo building is to the right of this one, 50 feet away across a small parking lot. we came back from dinner to find her street blocked off & this building engulfed in flames. the lady who lived in the lower right condo had put a flame candle in her jack-o'-lantern & it got knocked over

again, DON'T USE A FLAME CANDLE

View attachment 701756
Then I suppose using rolls of toilet paper soaked in gas and plastic bags filled with oxygen and acetylene like I do is also frowned upon?

I prefer a fertilizer/fuel oil mix, but I'm old school. so, whatever works for you
Come on over, bring your mix. I have been using my backhoe to try and dig out a french drain and keep hitting mud rock. A little of your mix would really help loosen things up and make it go much more quickly

our county has 42 wineries, 33 breweries, 3 distilleries, 3 cideries and 2 meaderies

we're only missing an absinthery & a sakagura

we just lost one of our LHBS, so we're down to 2

oh! 3 of the breweries grown their own hops, plus we have 2 other hop farms.

Not to mention that the city now has 10 breweries, 2 distilleries, 1 winery, 1 well established (25+ years) LHBS, and another LHBS which just opened and also offers the option of brewing on premises. It’s a good place to be a beer lover.

our county has 42 wineries, 33 breweries, 3 distilleries, 3 cideries and 2 meaderies

we're only missing an absinthery & a sakagura

we just lost one of our LHBS, so we're down to 2

oh! 3 of the breweries grown their own hops, plus we have 2 other hop farms.
For some perspective, what’s the population of your county? The entire state of MT only has about 1.1 million folks.

Yellowstone County has a pop. of a little over 200K, of which about 170K is the Billings metro area.

2019 estimate is 413,538 with a median household income of $136,268, the highest in the nation

our CDP (Census Designated Place, we're not big enough to be a "town") pop is 27,822 & we have 6 breweries

For some perspective, what’s the population of your county? The entire state of MT only has about 1.1 million folks.

Yellowstone County has a pop. of a little over 200K, of which about 170K is the Billings metro area.

Sadly, it’s not early. We’re in Billings, which is in the Banana Belt of MT, and the first significant snow of the season often arrives a little earlier than this.

At our farm, 250 miles north of here, there have been years when the last snow occurred in early June and the first snow of the next season was in late August. Keeps the riff-raff out.
Whoa. At that rate, a pair of flipflops would last like... 20 years.

I recall driving past Billing in the '80 and seeing a highway exit information sign that said "City Center" and "Camping". The thought of those two thing combined just seemed funny then. Now I live in a place of around 5mil people and we have people camping/living at the highway exits and in the city centers. Not so funny any more.

I recall driving past Billing in the '80 and seeing a highway exit information sign that said "City Center" and "Camping". The thought of those two thing combined just seemed funny then. Now I live in a place of around 5mil people and we have people camping/living at the highway exits and in the city centers. Not so funny any more.
That sign is still there. The flagship KOA campground is just south of I-90, along the Yellowstone River. Twenty-Seventh Street, the main drag through downtown Billings, is directly opposite the campground on the north side of the Interstate.

Kampgrounds of America was founded in Billings almost 60 years ago and the corporate HQ has been there ever since. The company has about 600 franchises today. So, KOA is still kind of a big deal in the city.

Back