Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRS80 with tape drive, OMG the memories. Paper tape readers on TELNET machines. FORTRAN on punch cards, but in college. No PCs in classrooms. LUXURY! We had to get up at 10 at night, half hour before we went to bed, work 29 hours at the mill, pay the miller for the privilege, and when we got home, our dad would kill us with a butter knife and dance around our graves singing HALLELUJAH!

Tell that to the kids who program today, and they don't believe you.

Third grandson, at 10 months, already taking a shift manning the helm :D

IMG_2025.JPG

Grandkids are a blast! Spoil the hell out of 'em and then send them off to their parents ;)

Cheers!

TRS80 with tape drive, OMG the memories. Paper tape readers on TELNET machines. FORTRAN on punch cards, but in college. No PCs in classrooms. LUXURY! We had to get up at 10 at night, half hour before we went to bed, work 29 hours at the mill, pay the miller for the privilege, and when we got home, our dad would kill us with a butter knife and dance around our graves singing HALLELUJAH!

Tell that to the kids who program today, and they don't believe you.

TRS-80 Model 1, tape drive, String Floppy, later dual disk drives. programmed in assembly, Basic, Forth, and Fortran. In fact, I still have it all in my basement stored away for some odd reason. Disks are probably dead by now. Went to college and had to digress to punch cards for a while before they caught up. Finally, ditched programming in the early 80's for chemical engineering.

We've had entire families of woodchucks living on the property over the 32 years we've owned it and I have yet to see a woodchuck chuck anything.
We even have a handy pond they could wing things into, but nope...

Cheers! ;)

Back