Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, what's you're favorite doggie?
Other than that Seattle abomination - it's not even a fricken' hot dog ffs! Silly Seattleites ;)

View attachment 688335

Cheers! (damn - I got turrible munchies now :D)
Only a select few know about a Buffalo Dog. Sahlen's is the dog maker (natural casing dogs) and there are numerous ways to dress rhem. At Ted's they make a Texas red sauce, but you can just do the local Webber's horseradish mustard as well.

Ok, what's you're favorite doggie?

I'll play. Not actually a regular hot dog but where I grew up they're called coneys. They're a white hot dog similar to German Bock wurst.

1594139599820.png

I'll play. Not actually a regular hot dog but where I grew up they're called coneys. They're a white hot dog similar to German Bock wurst.

View attachment 688386

OMG I LOVE THEM THINGS! My BIL is in Syracuse and we have vacationed in Finger Lakes for years and *ALWAYS* get them. Spicy mustard. Amber beer. Oh yeah.

Well, no bone showing, so it's all good :mug:

I actually got my hair cut by a pro today for the first time since March 6.
I gave her a double tip for the effort. She earned it - I was full-on Abbie Hoffmann in his wildest days.
Sporting the 1960s executive look now, thanks ;)

One of the local groceries that caters to the Asian population carries jackfruit and I've always wanted to try it, but they are 20-30 pounds! Not only does that make it an expensive 'experiment' but I have no idea what I would do with all that fruit.
Pulled pork jack fruit tastes just like real pig! Had some once, didn’t know it wasn’t pork. The fruit taste like juicy fruit gum, only better. The seeds can be boiled and and have a slight pinto bean taste. Well worth trying, just make sure you have some friends over to help eat the stuff!!
A buddy of mine married a Vietnamese lady, and her mom showed us how to prepare that stuff. She said it something people do in a large group, because of all the work and fruit. We had bags of the stuff and gave away what we couldn’t eat. Been eyeing them ever since, but SWMBO remembers all work, and nixes the idea.

I think your spell checker screwed up your post AK Tom, this is a Beer thread, not a Bear thread.

I actually used to live in Girdwood. I'll never forget putting my trash cans out the night before trash pickup when I first moved to Alaska. Well, that's what we would do in Los Angeles. The next morning I heard my trash cans getting knocked over and assumed it was my neighbor's dog. So I leaned out my bedroom window and yelled, "Heh, get out of there!" Instead of a dog, a grizzly looked back at me and then ran behind my garage. Note to self, the trash cans don't go out in the Summer until you hear the trash truck coming up the road.

Pulled pork jack fruit tastes just like real pig! Had some once, didn’t know it wasn’t pork. The fruit taste like juicy fruit gum, only better. The seeds can be boiled and and have a slight pinto bean taste. Well worth trying, just make sure you have some friends over to help eat the stuff!!
A buddy of mine married a Vietnamese lady, and her mom showed us how to prepare that stuff. She said it something people do in a large group, because of all the work and fruit. We had bags of the stuff and gave away what we couldn’t eat. Been eyeing them ever since, but SWMBO remembers all work, and nixes the idea.
Some of the Asian grocery stores around here sell jackfruit cut in smaller pieces. Jackfruit is awesome. It must be related to the rubber tree as the part you don't eat makes everything it touches sticky/tacky with a layer of goo. If you coat your hands with oil before attacking the fruit it helps a lot. A good rubbing with oil and dish soap will clean your hands and knife when your are done separating the good part from the rest. It is worth the effort. One can also buy it canned. If you buy it in cans, get the yellow ripe stuff unless you want to use the green or unripe stuff for cooking.

jackfruit.jpg

fwiw, I was actually asking about that apparent squarish opening at the top of the fuselage...that seems to have an arrow pointing downwards?
As for "bigger than sand fleas"...I've seen pics of some big'uns, but didn't know they might be edible.
Hard pass ;)

Cheers!

Back