Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100841547_2869160353193267_2396694392296439808_n.jpg

So, like, the Amazon guy just delivered the sewing machine just in time for me to leave for the wedding. As he was walking back to the truck, well, gee golly, I don't know, but he musta forgot to setthe parking break because next thing you know it... it rolled right down the driveway and down that there hill.

The Nest Cam for that is here:

My family rents a cottage in West Dennis MA every year that has an osprey nest on a telephone pole and every year there've been at least two chicks within a month of getting their wings. We watch them practice lifting off the nest and that can be fun if the wind is up :)

Cheers!

That looks like some beautiful country for a walk, but to call that a river, one might need to chew on some of that datura root!
;)

I thought the same thing at first, but with how low the bank looks I am guessing the picture was taken in the flood plain. Might look a lot different with a little rain.

OMG... you guys have been isolated too long.
A "river" is not defined by a width measurement.at a particular location point.
And we certainly hope Dave enjoys his walk, sans a rainfall that might potentially wipe him and his picture out.... :rolleyes:
I'm going to enjoy his picture despite the criticism !! LOL

In the desert, we take what we get.

What it lacks in quantity, it looks like it makes up for it in quality! Besides, “beauty is in eye of the beer holder“ (or something like that....)

I've fished in rivers half that wide, and pulled out a bunch of native trout to boot.

Absolutely! No native trout here, but I’ve spent many hours wading “small flowing bodies of water” :)goat:) catching smallmouth bass and the like. Nothing more relaxing and enjoyable.

Yup, as a kid living in northern Minnesota, used to pull fat brook trout out of little streams you could step across. The disadvantage to that was that the trout could see you, so you had to sneak up on them.
Likewise, in central California, saw bluegill as big as dinner plates in a wee stream, but never managed to catch any.
Never have fished in the Santa Cruz. My dog is super hyper and needs to run every day, so I take him down there and take off his leash and let him run. He is never happier or more excited than when I tell him we're going to the river.

Last edited:
Heck.... Dave I'm sure knows New River north of Phoenix. The locals joke that it's so new it doesn't even have water in it yet! In the desert they'll take any water they get!

Actually a seasonal wash, part of the Agua Fría river system I'm told.
My old stomping grounds. I usually explored further east, in the Seven Springs / Verde River watershed, and Bloody Basin. Also north of lake Pleasant, where I found old Spanish arrasters, and native Indian sites. Found several stone huts the Spanish miners built to protect themselves from the Apaches.

Last edited:
View attachment 683973
Early morning walk along the Santa Cruz river.

Where on the Santa Cruz is that, with that much flow and greenery? I used to live near Grant/Silverbell, then 5 mi NW of that intersection (In Sweetwater Reserve, off Goret). Frequently ran along the Santa Cruz (and in, when the water wasn't flowing - like running on a sandy beach - great workout)

Where on the Santa Cruz is that, with that much flow and greenery? I used to live near Grant/Silverbell, then 5 mi NW of that intersection (In Sweetwater Reserve, off Goret). Frequently ran along the Santa Cruz (and in, when the water wasn't flowing - like running on a sandy beach - great workout)
This is at Sanders road in Marana. I also go to Trico road almost at the northern border of Pima County.
IMG_20200607_062555894_HDR.jpg

Here's another pic for you.
There are gravel bars along the sides where I look for rocks, while the dog chases anything that moves.

Last edited:
Back