Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1695591256900.jpeg

At Mecca.

Nice pics :mug:

That lake is due west from the Hoods Canal town of Lilliwaup, which in 1972 when I last lived there had a population under 60 people, almost all of them retired folks. To say nothing much ever happened there would be an understatement.

Awesome fishery though. We often had fresh fire roasted oysters on the beach for dinner - just pick 'em up, stick them near the coals, and wait for them to open. Yum! Bet that doesn't happen much anymore...

Cheers!

fwiw, I have a pair of Bluetooth cassette audio widgets, one for my ancient '00 Audi with its primitive teutonic head unit, and the other for my '96 bow rider boat with it's even more primitive audio system. I can play any of 30 gigs of tunes on my phone or pull from SiriusXM while pretty much anywhere.

Transformative, really, and for small money...

Cheers!

Don’t know what this is between Watou and Westvleteren but thought it was interesting.View attachment 830114
You photobombed your own pic...

Looks like someone stole the rest of the building. Or maybe someone just started something that never got finished.

Brew on :mug:

The speculation reminds me of riding into Rome from the airport (with a bunch of coworkers, and none of us had been there before, and everyone looking in all directions.)
"What's that over there?"
"I don't know, but it looks old. Take a picture of it."

people hanging on to their older cars, lacking BT tech, for longer. sign o' these economic times.

my latest phone (Samsung S23 Ultra) doesn't have a headphone jack, so the adapters are useless.

my car also doesn't have a cassette player, so double useless

still neato tech & this channel is a worthy subscription

Who remembers these?? They still sell them at Target. I am sure they are flying off the shelves now that portable CD players are affordable

Last edited:
The speculation reminds me of riding into Rome from the airport (with a bunch of coworkers, and none of us had been there before, and everyone looking in all directions.)

was amazing to go to Europe, Asia & Africa & see **** THOUSANDS of years old, when most of the stuff here in the States ain't but a couple hundred.

Well, now that I had to find out yet another obscure (but funny) thing I did not know about (thanks a lot, @TxBrew ) I think I can now predict a new spike:

1695841246766.png

I heard this exact statement a hundred times over the 10 days my sister and her husband traveled around France with us, every time Bill saw a stone wall, shed, barn, house, castle, regardless of it's size or condition.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about trying to do ANYTHING plumbing-related (altho I did successfully de- and re-solder two sink cutoff valves a couple weeks back and only pseudo-seriously fried two fingers in the process)
View attachment 830351
That's sort of how my bathroom remodel started. All the way down to the studs and joists.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about trying to do ANYTHING plumbing-related (altho I did successfully de- and re-solder two sink cutoff valves a couple weeks back and only pseudo-seriously fried two fingers in the process)
View attachment 830351
This is why my wife leaves the house when I repair plumbing, though I actually am better at it than she admits.

I had one of the early tankless/on demand water heaters, 1990s vintage. Many years later I got a nice new fancy kitchen sink faucet for my wife that cost a couple hundred dollars. Faucet conformed with new California low flow regulations. The old water heater had a minimum flow requirement before it would turn on, to prevent over heating water flowing at a low rate. $250 new faucet turns into a $2000 new water heater. Plumbing is like that.

Don't get me started wrt water heaters. I asked to have our two series-connected 40 gallon electric heaters from 1984 be replaced in our family's mountain house recently, and this week went up to check out the installation.

This is how the plumbers connected the code-required tempering valve, across the primary ("#1") heater, which is always turned on when there are folks staying.

20230928_124257.jpg

The second heater is only turned on when there are more than 6 people staying in the house. At that point, the tempering valve as installed is essentially non functional as it is then blending hot water with hot water! Dumb ass professionals did that ☹️

So we now have a full house of 10 with both heaters on, but I set all four thermostats to their minimum 125°F and warned everyone to be careful of scalding. The plumbers will fix it next week by providing a dedicated cold water feed to the valve cold port...

Cheers!

what are you paying per box? every year the roasters come to town and we usually buy a case or two... it used to be about $25-30, the past 2 years now its been closer to $70 so no more of that asshattery...

Latest posts

Back