Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.usgs.gov/news/news-releases/state-news-releases
Couple of news releases on there about airborne geophys scans taking place. Normally electromagnetic scans either for geological structures or groundwater.
I don't think this is a government survey-it was done almost exclusively over mine owned property. An engineer from that mine went rockhounding with me yesterday, he claims it's just making a new topographic map of the area, but since the new pit hasn't begun yet I doubt the topography has changed enough to require new mapping. I personally figure it's some sort of magnetometer to define the limits of the ore body, but the mine probably won't tell me the truth-they haven't yet except when they admitted if they destroy our aquifer our only recourse is to sue them.

I don't think this is a government survey-it was done almost exclusively over mine owned property. An engineer from that mine went rockhounding with me yesterday, he claims it's just making a new topographic map of the area, but since the new pit hasn't begun yet I doubt the topography has changed enough to require new mapping. I personally figure it's some sort of magnetometer to define the limits of the ore body, but the mine probably won't tell me the truth-they haven't yet except when they admitted if they destroy our aquifer our only recourse is to sue them.
Gravity survey is also a good possibility.

37C781E8-74A6-48D4-BDA6-E33EB988C5CA.jpeg

Wife and kids are visiting her parents for a week.
I have friends to play various autistic RTS games with.
I have ale. I have Shwarzwald ham. I have Cheddar. I have rum. I have sausage. I have pickled cucumber.
Life is complete.

Attachments

• IMG_20221126_192457.jpg
    IMG_20221126_192457.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
All you bikers can prolly tell me what kind of iron this is...

View attachment 792804
Can't comment on the make of the bike, but I though GPS in 1970 on a bike would have been the old lady in the sidecar with the map whipping in the wind shouting instructions to her husband.

Semi random picture, but on topic anyway;

Earlier this fall, someone took out a power pole with their truck just down the street, fired up the a genset to keep going with brew. Power was out for 3 hours, and I'd just mashed in, so needed sparge water, and later of course to boil.

Was just about to move set over from powering brew control to powering house so I could get some water (am on well), when the grid power came back on.

That did inspire me to get the 2nd and 3rd tier gens operational(a couple of MEP-002 s), but that is another picture.
IMG_2611-003.JPG
IMG_2612-003.JPG

Last edited:
Montgomery County, MD: hold my beer!

Still trying to figure out how they ended up where they are without bending up the airplane much more severely. Luckily, both occupants survived, and have been rescued.

lt's a retractable gear Mooney, and the gear are down, so it looks like they might have been trying to land when they hit the wires/tower.

Brew on :mug:

Back