Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1x55m6Q_zpstnbzk7b8.jpg

It probably meets code. :D

There are rules to keep that from happening. I'm not sure what's happening, but there are rules. Coat hangers and such....

My first thought in seeing that was an illegal tapping of power--such as in the Favelas surrounding RIO where this is common.

But on closer inspection...the hanger is a plastic one, I believe, so nonconductive. It looks mostly like someone is trying to pull the lines on the left above or out of the way of something, and they either recognized the need for a nonconductive connector, or maybe didn't have enough wire...

Quality work, there.

Here's a pic of what I'm talking about:

favelapower.jpg

View attachment 397545

Brewers wine, not Brewers, you know ... beer. And, no, it's not perfect for tailgating.

Ah Yeah. You'd be schnockerd before kick-off. :D

Maybe its that Nouveau Français Vin D'orge (New French Barley Wine) that I've heard a lot about lately. Its hard to get your hands on some. I bet the Milwaukee Brewers Organization put their own label on this beer. Its made by La Grande Fausse Brasserie Intégrée.

Its made in the Prairie du Chien Region of Southwest Wisconsin. South of La Crosse. Can't tell from the picture. You should grab a few bottles. Been wanting to try that. Its served Pétillant-naturel . Most people think its flat, but it actually has some bubbles. Its basically a beer that's bottled early before it hits the final gravity. It has some residual sweetness too.

Call me a beer snob. Really, the only true French barley wines are the ones made in that region of southwest Wisconsin if they want it to be called a "Cabernet" Vin D'orge.

Man grab some...:rockin:

I heard what make this that new style is they actually soak several pounds of ripe macerated red grapes in warm water, let it sit for about seven days. All the yeast sitting on grapes goes into solution and starts eating the sugars in the grapes. It best to use bottled spring water so there's no chlorine present to inhibit the yeast. Then you pitch that into your barley wine wort. Takes about 3-4 months to ferment-out and then you need to age it at least 3-5 years.

guy in the front on the left, shirt says "two in the plinko. one in the stinko"

blurred out in the top pic, they taped over it in the 2nd

Back