Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
287CC063-73D1-40BF-A571-0B693FB16A21.jpeg

Better there than here! :D
We’ve avoided the really cold temps so far. Coldest has been a couple nights around -5°F which isn’t that cold for this time of year on the Frozen Tundra. By early next week we may see as low as -20°F if the forecast is correct. Even that isn’t too bad if the sun is shining and the wind isn’t blowing. Oh, wait-the wind is always blowing. Never mind…❄️

I work in construction so that means early mornings, there were some mornings last winter where the thermometer was creeping down the the point where it doesn't matter if there is a C or F...
You know it's cold when the engine struggles to start even after the engine warmer has been going for 3hr...

Last edited:
-4 here in the Southern Colorado Rockies. Forecast is for a little colder the next few days. The old (1989) Geo Tracker complained a bit this morning when I fired it up for the weekly town trip.

Almost didn't get to town as an errant truck driver was following his GPS.... yeah, we are 22 miles off the pavement on a FS road. GPS often points people this way as a "shortcut" to Pagosa Springs. Except the pass another 10 miles further on now has chest deep snow! He got his truck pretty well stuck but with him rocking our friends threw his chains under the tires and he was finally able to get out.... yesvyou read that right. No he didn't PUT THE CHAINS ON while he could still move!
IMG_7770.jpg
IMG_7769.jpg

Yeah, I put new ones in 5 or 6 years ago and debating doing that. But I really like them, until we get snow and icy weather they dont leak. But now I'm kicking myself for not boarding them over. They're big too so I'm stuck with the investment. Maybe time for some flex seal Haha

Yeah, I put new ones in 5 or 6 years ago and debating doing that. But I really like them, until we get snow and icy weather they dont leak. But now I'm kicking myself for not boarding them over. They're big too so I'm stuck with the investment. Maybe time for some flex seal Haha

good one! "they don't leak unless it's raining though...." helps save on the electric bill too, right? ;) :mug:

By early next week we may see as low as -20°F if the forecast is correct. Even that isn’t too bad if the sun is shining and the wind isn’t blowing. Oh, wait-the wind is always blowing. Never mind…❄️
Yeah, not looking forward to putting in garage doors next week....especially in Ennis...

When you have skylights on a flat roof you're gonna have leaks. But when you also have dogs it's like having and automatic dog water filler thing ma bob. Fml.

i got a skylight on a sloped roof....that SOB is so getting boarded over next year!

I put skylights in my living room.

The people in the upstairs apt are furious.

Back