Random Harvest Bitter - This smells "off" - I've never had one look like this.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dynachrome

Reaction score
Random Harvest Bitter

12.8lbs 2 row
.75lb carapils
.75lb cara15

1-1/2oz East Kent Goldings first wort hops 6.3%AA
1/2 oz East Kent Goldings 6.3%AA @ 15 minutes to flame out.

8 gallons water total - 5.5 gallons wort collected. I added 1/2 gallon tap water.

I cooled a pint of wort and made a starter overnight. Red Star Champagne Yeast, the starter had a nice krausen in the morning. I pitched Thursday morning

It smells like sour dough bread. Not overly sour though. The airlock is still bubbling.

The fermentor is warm to the touch. That is unusual for me. I opened the back door to the area I keep the fermentor in. It will get down to about 37 deg F tonight. That should slow it down / cool it off some.

I have a friend who likes sours, so NBD if it goes astray.

Thoughts anyone?

Bad-Juju.jpg

From the picture you look good to go...my fermentors always and I mean always smell! Sulfur, rotten eggs you name it...only true way to know is to taste...while kegging get a gravity reading and taste the sample but from your posts I think you should be ok!

Keep us posted! :mug:

I had ulterior motives in naming this beer also....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0035238/

From The IMDB

Storyline

A veteran of World War I marries and settles happily into a tidy, humble life until an accident brings back memories of a former life of wealth and privilege while blocking all recollection of his existence since the war. Thus one man disappears, and another man long missing turns up and claims his vast inheritance. What does his devoted wife, whom he no longer recognizes, do?

Greer Garson, gorgeous and intriguing.

Greer-Garson_Ronald-Colman.JPG

I got cases of bottles out two nights ago and didn't wash them. They've been scowling at me from the corner.

I need to bottle this but my motivation is constipated.

:hs:

It's a nice orange color. I'll post pictures later.

F.G. is 1.006 @ 76 degrees Fahrenheit.

We used 4 oz of cane bottling/priming sugar for five gallons of beer.

Why did you use champagne yeast?

I had it on-hand.

My kid also said it tasted like white wine FWIW.

I drank about a bottle and-a-half right out of the stand tube and the last bottle didn' fill full.

Man I hope this keeps where it's at after bottle conditioning.

:D

Back