Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when the ban on self-service is repealed in NJ

bIK3dS.gif

I doubt it's an environmental issue: my gas fired clothes dryer, my gas oven, my microwave oven, and all of my fridges and freezers, have interior lighting.
Meanwhile, the maw of my dishwasher is pitch black this time of day, and it just seems like they could stick an LED or two somewhere in there so I can see where I'm placing an item. Also, pull-out racks aren't all that helpful in the dark :)

And, yes, I could have turned on a kitchen light. Still....

Cheers!

I doubt it's an environmental issue: my gas fired clothes dryer, my gas oven, my microwave oven, and all of my fridges and freezers, have interior lighting.
Meanwhile, the maw of my dishwasher is pitch black this time of day, and it just seems like they could stick an LED or two somewhere in there so I can see where I'm placing an item. Also, pull-out racks aren't all that helpful in the dark :)

And, yes, I could have turned on a kitchen light. Still....

Cheers!
Hmm, OK, Just spitballing, I don't have a DW machine.
Cheers, :mug:
Joel B.

On more than one occasion having a couple of beers after wanting to quit my job and tell everybody to go **** themselves lol saved me. I tell my wife all the time it's a good thing I have beer or otherwise I would be unemployed lol.

Drinking some homebrews pondering the universe and how we are really not even a spec of dust when compared to its vastness. I'm sitting here in a chair on a big ass rock that's spinning at 1,000 mph with a nuclear fission and fusion reactor keeping us alive and at the same time shooting cosmic rays at us that thankfully don't kill us due to our magnetic field. This is nuts and so incredible we are even alive given the odds. Brew on folks enjoy life!

On more than one occasion having a couple of beers after wanting to quit my job and tell everybody to go **** themselves lol saved me. I tell my wife all the time it's a good thing I have beer or otherwise I would be unemployed lol.

Drinking some homebrews pondering the universe and how we are really not even a spec of dust when compared to its vastness. I'm sitting here in a chair on a big ass rock that's spinning at 1,000 mph with a nuclear fission and fusion reactor keeping us alive and at the same time shooting cosmic rays at us that thankfully don't kill us due to our magnetic field. This is nuts and so incredible we are even alive given the odds. Brew on folks enjoy life!
Here's something to help you pondering:

random drunken thought...

see a picture like, trying to guess carbons, hydrogens...so like alkenes, and carbon? click the link and are disappointed it's praseodymium orthoscandate ...

and then suddenly the world is new again!

I prefer that all my socks be the exact same ( Hanes cushion crew. for everyday use, it's grey & for dress occasions, black), my brother has no two pairs alike and we argue over which is the better system.

My argument is that, come sock-sorting time, all I have to do is grab any 2 socks and a pair is matched; my brother must find each matching pair.

for each single sock my brother loses, he loses a full pair. If I lose a sock, I am not out a full pair; I just send the extra sock back into the laundry until I lose another sock and I'm even pairs again.

I see absolutely no advantage to his method, except "ooh! fancy socks!"

Last edited:
I prefer that all my socks be the exact same ( Hanes cushion crew. for everyday use, it's grey & for dress occasions, black), my brother has no two pairs alike and we argue over which is the better system.

My argument is that, come sock-sorting time, all I have to do is grab any 2 socks and a pair is matched; my brother must find each matching pair.

for each single sock my brother loses, he loses a full pair. If I lose a sock, I am not out a full pair; I just send the extra sock back into the laundry until I lose another sock and I'm even pairs again.

I see absolutely no advantage to his method, except "ooh! fancy socks!"
So, which socks would you wear with khakis and a green shirt?

winter: either, depends on the formality of the occasion & the shoes. casual: docksiders & grey. semi-formal: leather & black

summer: neither. the worst day of the year is the day it gets so cold I gotta start wearing socks again

Well....
Having just received a couple of pounds of primo cocao nibs via AMZL I was thinking how close we're getting to the future of humankind as foretold by The Jetsons. Next level: a fat pipe from the Amazon Mothership right into your home :D

Cheers! ;)

That depends on the shoes. I love my wool socks from Costco, but I don't wear any during the spring/summer if I can get away with it. Of course it is ankle socks with my golf shoes. :ban:

Latest posts

Back