Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's automation for you. I would have had to walk all the way down cellar stairs and check spunding valves manually.

Of course, with a room ambient of 63.5, I probably would have jsut pitched US-05 and skipped the heat and waited for nature....while the birds chirped and the owls hooted, and the bamboo culms rustled in the breeze....

1617243543991.png

tenor.gif

No, your car doesn't sound cool, it sounds like a fart

Bet it smells like one too

Because there's a huge POS driving it

Random, but not drunk: one of my neighbors had a few trees come down over the last couple of years and he's finally decided to do something about them. I guess he got his hands on a chain saw, so over the last two weeks he's been out there bucking the deadfall into movable chunks - which seem to go somewhere unknown. Maybe a wood pile - hopefully he's not stacking pine ;)

Anyway...like most he doesn't really understand what a well-performing saw feels or looks like and spends about 80% of the time waaay low on rpms and just bogged down for the whole freakin' cut. His property is aways down the road but I've been able to just make out the diameter of what he's cutting (16~20") and the time to complete one cut is crazy - like, a full minute - with the saw just sad and complaining the whole time. Plus I have zero doubt his chain is pathologically dull as there's no way a sharp chain could take that long even in the hands of someone with no idea what they're doing.

I don't mind closing up the house while he's out there flogging himself but at this point I'm just worried he's gonna get nicked by a pissed off saw.
They should teach stuff like that in high school...

Cheers! ;)

As someone who has run a lot of chainsaw, the sound of some idiot going at it w a dull chain.....it is the sort of thing that makes me wonder about the species I'm supposably a part of...so many idiots, probalbly not their fault though, the dumb critter's evolution never did prepare us for where we are at now....but I digress...

Let's face it, chain saws make a loud and annoying sound.

If the cut takes 2.5 minutes instead of .25 minutes because of a dull chain, everyone suffers, esp the user. The idiot....

He was out there again this evening, making sawdust instead of chips. Fortunately he got called in just before I fired up the grill, so it was ok.

Poor bastid - I drove past his place today and the big winds we had last week brought down a lot more than I thought. I may be faced with the Hobson's Choice of listening to this going on all Spring and probably well into the Summer, or going over there and offering to help buck all that dead fall with him.

Shoot. I hate Hobson's Choices...

will it make good firewood? if so, I would go help for both getting some wood and getting the noise over with.

You could split the difference w the hobson's choice by sending your neighbor a link to a utube on how to sharpen saw, I'm sure there are some out there, maybe link em a safety one as well, one of the safety ones that says to keep the chain sharp.

If it is not heavy wood, and people have funds they could invest that would improve their lives;,, in that case I'd recommend the saw in link below or similar, I have 3 of them I put in the trucks. Of course an extra battery or two and the fast charger is needed too. Works better, quieter and lighter than expected, and no pulling on recoil start for each use. Of course, the chain still needs to be sharpened.

https://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/Images/Product/3479/msa220cb.png?preset=Product.ProductDetails

Random drunken thoughts... Here's mine! Cruising in a space craft towards a Super Massive Black Hole. As you approach it time ACTUALLY slows down yes it slows the **** down how crazy is that. Also what's beyond the event horizon? Who knows aliens, alternate universes? We get ripped to shreds? Matter actually disappears and doesn't change into another form who the hell knows!@!@ This is where the theory of Relativity and Quantum Mechanics crash into one another!!!

Brew on folks the universe is so incredible!!!

I’ve flushed so much trub and yeast sludge down the toilet, I bet my septic tank is one big batch of turd stout.

...possibly the first time I've brewed with corn. 🤔

Last edited:
SOoooooo, FEdEx is
A) Running in circles
B) Fortune Telling the future
C) Running in a parallel universe where the space time continuum is more of a space time swiss cheesium
D) I'm out of ideas

1618411152175.png

damn, i just scrolled down to the botom of the forum list looking for the "new" "other drugs" forum....then i realized it was actually in a dream i saw it.....

oh well, i guess beer has more vitamins anyway.....lol

Anyone else get itchy, watery eyes from milling grain? Anyone? Bueller? Maybe I shouldn't stick my face so close to the hopper. Hi Brac! I had a dream the other day that involved a weird recipe someone had tried on HBT, but I can't remember it. I think it had marshmallows.

I think it had marshmallows.

Are you lurking in music match? i just played i love rocky road? lol and i've noticed oreo beer becoming popular!

Anyone else get itchy, watery eyes from milling grain? Anyone? Bueller?

no? i motorized my mill, my wrist was getting sore......i just set it and walk away....last pic i saw you did too?

Are you lurking in music match? i just played i love rocky road? lol and i've noticed oreo beer becoming popular!

no? i motorized my mill, my wrist was getting sore......i just set it and walk away....last pic i saw you did too?
Yah, maybe if I didn't stand over it, mesmerized by the vision of the grain disappearing slowly....

I don't like having the dust, it doesn't make my eyes itchy though, so before I start up the corona-in-a-bucket I first start up the box-fan-w-furnace-filter on the floor.

Fun read. "Raines Sandwich". NY Raines law required serving food with drinks. So they'd bring a sandwich with the drinks even when only drinks were ordered. A minute later, they'd whisk away the sandwich to serve with the next order. They'd keep it in rotation for a week.

Zounds
Sounds like some of the pieces of pizza I saw floating around late last year at local breweries. I seem to remember one of the bartender asking "Are you actually hungry or just want beer because I'm happy to order a fresh pizza".

:eek: I wish this thing would just let you delete a post.

Last edited:
Back