Random Beer Thoughts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob Dylan was right the times are a changing.

from having to chase trucks to getting on lists or waiting in lines to buy one bottle per (or more with your mule) to it turding up shelves for months to now being a year round beer.

They are making it year round so that it doesn't look as bad when the one time they release it sits on shelves for an entire year.

They are making it year round so that it doesn't look as bad when the one time they release it sits on shelves for an entire year.
giphy.gif

Personally pretty meh on this one. Never got into dogfish.
I do like the “...thanks to a shipment of freshly emptied Utopias barrels from our friends at Sam Adams” instead of saying our owners kept the barrels inside the company instead of sending them out to the craft beer community.:p

Personally pretty meh on this one. Never got into dogfish.
I do like the “...thanks to a shipment of freshly emptied Utopias barrels from our friends at Sam Adams” instead of saying our owners kept the barrels inside the company instead of sending them out to the craft beer community.:p

I was going to say “who the **** are you to never get into Dogfish?” Then I see you are from California and that’s acceptable.

This reminds me of a story about a brewer who made an Oktoberfest beer and wanted it to hit shelves in mid-September (in time for Oktoberfest). Distributors wouldn’t carry it because by then all the other beers of the same style had been on the shelves for a month and they were getting ready for Christmas beers. It’s typical seasonal creep and hence why I bought a six pack of Dogfish Punkin last week because if I want to drink it on Halloween it’s long gone by then.

Sam Adams really pouring gas on to the “2020 is the Worst Year Ever” bonfire. Old Fezziwig is not included in their Holiday Pack.

Who needs a winter warmer when there is an opportunity to stuff in an IPA, two lagers and a watered down pastry stout?

Back