Randall Type Device

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlaureanti

Reaction score
This is a question for all the DIY gurus out there...

Can I use this... GE reverse osmosis system...
Like this one

..as a kind of hop randall. like this one

I do not intend to use the reverse osmosis filter... I am only interested in the two tanks that are completely identical. My idea is that I can make two randalls. Right?

Thank you in advance for the advice
cheers :mug:

If all you are after are the filter housings, you can two of those for less than the cost of that RO system at Lowe's.

I actually found the whole system for free and am thinking of ideas of how to use it other than for reverse osmosis

Should work. I'm not exactly sure how those systems work (ie: i've never seen one in person), but if the water flows from one housing to the next you might consider trying to modify it to be able to use the second chamber for a chilling/settlement chamber. (similar to the dogfish head's http://www.dogfish.com/company/tangents/randall-the-enamel-animal.htm)

Our club has a couple of randall's that are built like the ones in your link, and they are always a huge hit. The two big issues with them though is the beer can warm up in the hop chamber if you're not serving fast enough and foaming. A "chilling chamber" would fix both.

Latest posts

Back