• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ranco controller, Chiller, Igloo mash tun, more...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoaringBrewer

Reaction score
I have a few items to get rid of. Haven't been brewing much lately between all the jeeping and hunting I do. Adding a bird-dog to the stable shortly too, so will be doing even more hunting and planning to run it in hunt tests/trials, so its yet another hobby taking time from brewing. Either way, a few things I have left, most of these barely used to be honest:

Ranco (sorry, technically its "JOHNSON CONTROLS") Digital Temp Controller - used for maybe a month on my kegerator - $70 shipped, OBO.

Wort Chiller - believe its 20ft copper - $30 + actual shipping.

Converted Igloo 5g Cooler w/ ball valve and stainless mesh tube inside (toilet water tank type) - $20 + actual shipping.

I also have a couple carboys - one 3g and one 5g. Not sure on shipping these due to fragile nature, but would be looking to get about $15 for each, maybe $20 for the 5g, plus shipping. I will throw in whatever carboy caps I have and I know I have a thermowell as well which will go to person who buys first one.

Also have the large bottle of starsan (32oz maybe?) which was about $18-20 if I recall. Make me an offer, especially if its a pick-up, will let this go real cheap.

All items are also available for pickup near Lancaster, PA (Lititz actually). Best way to contact me is email [email protected] as I check this site less often than I used to. JK-Forum and Uplandjournal take up more of my time these days... (but I still love it here :rockin:)

IMG_6980.jpg

IMG_6985.jpg

IMG_6982.jpg

Is the temp controller 2 stage or single? I am also interested in the thermowell (shown in pic 3) and the starsan. What is the length of the termowell and the diameter of the rubber bung? Thanks!

Is the temp controller 2 stage or single? I am also interested in the thermowell (shown in pic 3) and the starsan. What is the length of the termowell and the diameter of the rubber bung? Thanks!

Wasn't sure exactly what this meant as I never really used it... I mean I used it to keep my kegerator at 40F (because it seemed it was always at either 45 or would dive to 32 nearly freezing my beer), so I just googled A419 model and it says its single stage, but can control heating or cooling?

http://cgproducts.johnsoncontrols.com/MET_PDF/125188.PDF

Will need ot get back to you on well...

I will get some shipping estimates. Let me box it up and weigh it and such. Neither weights much, but neither is going to fit in flat rate box either...

I will sort out all of details here tonight, including order the requests came in, with priority given to the emails I got since I noted that was best way to contact me and I got the emails and PMs before these posts in this thread. For example, I have jaginger in first on chiller and mash tun b/c he sent email I got first, also got an email on the controller for $60 shipped, not sure if its from someone here or not, but I'm giving it priority unless someone here wants to give me the $70 shipped for it.

Will update later.

Mash tun and chiller pending sale to jaginger.

The ranco is main thing left (other than carboys which I dont think anyone is going to follow-through on to get shipped anyway) so here is how I am going to play this out.

1) stevenson mentioned interest first, as well as interest in thermowell and starsan. For $85 shipped, I will sell him everything. That's like $70 for the controller, which I said was my asking price, plus $10 for thermowell, and $5 for starsan. (the thermowell is about 15" long, think its #6.5 stopper should work on pretty much any carboy. It was $24 new from midwest supplies and I never ever used it)

2) mparsons next in line for controller if stevenson doesn't want. mparsons will get controller and starsan for $75 shipped ($70 + $5 for starsan, including shipping)

3) If neither of them want it, will let go to Longduk for $65 shipped?

EDIT: Since I want this stuff gone ASAP, I will move onto next in line every 12 hours or so. For example, if I don't hear from stevenson by tomorrow AM (give or take 12 hours - so lets say 10AM tomorrow AM EST), but I do hear from mparsons by that time, it will go to mparsons. If stevenson only replies tomorrow AM not interested, I will give a 12 hour or so grace period (to tomorrow night at this time) to mparsons to get back. If neither reply by tomorrow night, but Longduk does still show interest tomorrow night, will move onto next in line and be sold to Longduk.

I sent the email for $60 on the controller that had "priority", but dont blame you if you can get $70 for it. :drunk:

I'm still interested if the others fall through. :mug:

I sent the email for $60 on the controller that had "priority", but dont blame you if you can get $70 for it. :drunk:

I'm still interested if the others fall through. :mug:

I reconsidered my comment on the "priority" of email as it was 1) less hard to sort through the details than I thought and 2) those people want more than one thing, thus it will move more crap out of my basement if they take it all.

If #1 and #2 fall through, I'll let you have the controller for $60 shipped...

I'm interested in that stuff for 75 shipped. so let me know what happens with the first in line. I'm also interested in the thermo well If the probe on the controller fits it.
Matt

if any of this falls through, i'll give you $80 for the controler and the starsan. Let me know, if you have Paypal, I can send payment right away.

if any of this falls through, i'll give you $80 for the controler and the starsan. Let me know, if you have Paypal, I can send payment right away.

Will put you on the list, but to be fair, it's gonna have to be after all the others... pains me as you are offering most $ but this isn't an auction. :fro:

I'm interested in that stuff for 75 shipped. so let me know what happens with the first in line. I'm also interested in the thermo well If the probe on the controller fits it.
Matt

i think the probe on controller fits the thermowell. will need to check as I never used it, but it should... if so, i will offer you the same deal as stevenson. $85 shipped with the thermo, starsan, and controller

but this isn't an auction. :fro:

No problem. i wasn't trying to saw anyones legs off. i recently purchased, and can get another New Ranco, unwired version for $50. i wanted to offer you closer to your asking price.

but if it falls through, i'll lower the offer. :D

If you could find out about the thermo well I will take it all.

I checked the thermowell and the johnson controls probe fits perfectly. Slides in the thermowell, completely to bottom, nice and snug, not even a bit of wiggle room. Seems like they were made for each other...

I'll give stevenson until the AM to respond, if not mparsons, they are all three yours for $85 shipped?

Not sure what you have left. But I'd be interested in the chiller and ranco and could pick them up. Maybe one of the carboys also.

Mparsons - I have not heard from stevenson, so if you still want all the goodies for $85 shipped (controller, thermowell, and starsan) I will get them in the mail tomorrow, as long as I see a paypal from you today. Please include your username and obviously shipping info with the paypal.

snow - that really only leaves the carboys, 3g and 5g, and some misc. odds and ends I have laying around.

Also may be putting some of my 'library' of brewing books up for sale. Some I will keep as someday I may brew again, but some of the more advanced onces I may sell for sure (designing great beers, etc.). Look for another classified on these in future!

If trying to contact me today - use PM feature here as my work has apparently decided to block gmail starting today... though they don't block HBT. LOL.

Just got in to the office, had a lot of appt's this morning. I will take the thermowell and the starsan. I will let the other fellow go for the the temp controller, as I was looking for a two stage. Thanks! Lemme know what you need shipped for the starsan and the thermowell and I will paypal you today.

EDIT: Just so you know, I don't usually get much of a chance to check my email in the evenings. But I do have it on all day at work.

Does this mean I'm up for the controller?

If so, PM me your paypal info and i'll get you the $$$ ASAP.

TheDonger

2nd in line for the controller I believe. Tried to send PM, but you're maxed-out. Sending email

[EDIT] I'm assuming this is the 120v not the 24v model...

Everything is now sold and has been shipped... Look for another post where I'll be selling some brewing books; i have a relatively large library and only plan to keep a few!

Darn, I was hoping to get the controller. What were you using the controller for. I want to know if the controller you sold will work well for a Keezer.

Latest posts

Back