Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy - Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One last note back on topic of the actual pick up. I am assuming most people have never been to Triangle so just a note or two to make it a little easier to find. There is no sign out front, just the letters TBC on the door that faces the street. The brewery is in the only building on the side of the street towards the train tracks. You will probably have to be buzzed into the gate, so call my cell # that I have PM'd you all for someone to open the gate. If I don't answer, go ahead and call the brewery at 919-683-BEER(2337). Any questions, PM, call or text me. See you tomorrow!

One last note back on topic of the actual pick up. I am assuming most people have never been to Triangle so just a note or two to make it a little easier to find. There is no sign out front, just the letters TBC on the door that faces the street. The brewery is in the only building on the side of the street towards the train tracks. You will probably have to be buzzed into the gate, so call my cell # that I have PM'd you all for someone to open the gate. If I don't answer, go ahead and call the brewery at 919-683-BEER(2337). Any questions, PM, call or text me. See you tomorrow!

Any word on delivery yet?

Rick @ triangle said he spoke with the shipping company and they said they couldn't give him an exact time but it should be there by early afternoon. I will post here as soon as he calls me to tell me that it has arrived.

Thanks Reel and Skee, for all the hard work, my grain is in storage now, and Im happy, hope you enjoy the fresh Centennial hops, later.

I really didn't do anything. The accolades belong to Skee for coming through on a delivery point. Good brewing to all.

I'm very glad this all worked out as it did. Sorry for Bigdug's bag of Crystal that didn't survive the trip. It was nice to meet everyone that showed up to get their grain. Thanks for the hops jagg, they will be put to good use soon. As in probably this weekend! Also a huge thanks to Reelale for putting this all together. I now understand why you said you didn't want to do it again after the first go round, but in the end it did all work out. Looking forward to doing this again down the road. Cheers to all and happy brewing!

No problem Skee, Hope you like them as much as I do, let me know what you are brewing up and how it turns out, later dude.

Thanks Reel and Skee, for all the hard work, my grain is in storage now, and Im happy, hope you enjoy the fresh Centennial hops, later.

Thanks for the hops. I will be putting them to good use.

Bringing this thread back from the dead to officially close out the delivery. I received my bage of C40 that was damaged during transit Thursday afternoon.

Endless thanks to Reelale and Skeeordye for all they did to make this happen and for putting up with me being the problem guy on this deal.

:mug::mug::mug::mug:

Same here. I got two sacks in the first round, and starting to look for the next buy. Anyone to try and get another group buy going around christmas/january?

So it sounds like there is a little interest in getting another one of these going again. I have started looking at some other options since I do not have an account with North Country. I'll keep you all posted on what I find out.

So it sounds like there is a little interest in getting another one of these going again. I have started looking at some other options since I do not have an account with North Country. I'll keep you all posted on what I find out.

You can use my account. I just won't have time this winter to keep track of everything. I don't need grain at the moment, but I'll help out anyway I can. I guess I could use a half-bag of acidulated malt on second thought.....:)

I'd be interested in a few bags next round, if someone is collecting e-mails, and would be interestec in splitting a bag of 60L and MO. Howdy to all the NC brewers. I am in Pinehurst.

When do we want to do this again? Do we want to wait till after Christmas or not? If you're interested in being added to the GRABASS email list send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward to the list moderator. If you are added you will get a bunch of worthless nonsense from the rest of us the GRABASS disorganization, but I will be sure to post a message regarding when this will officially take place. I know some of you said that you don't check this thread or HBT very often, so just another option for you. Damn I say way more than I need to when I talk.
Reel and I will also have to work out the particulars. Pickup will probably be in Raleigh this time too.

When do we want to do this again? Do we want to wait till after Christmas or not? If you're interested in being added to the GRABASS email list send me a PM with your email address and I'll forward to the list moderator. If you are added you will get a bunch of worthless nonsense from the rest of us the GRABASS disorganization, but I will be sure to post a message regarding when this will officially take place. I know some of you said that you don't check this thread or HBT very often, so just another option for you. Damn I say way more than I need to when I talk.
Reel and I will also have to work out the particulars. Pickup will probably be in Raleigh this time too.

I'm getting a little light on Pils. If we wait until after Christmas I'd be in for at least a bag of that and some 20. I bet we could actually get two pallets if we had enough lead time. The response was pretty great on the last order.

I'd say wait until after Christmas, but I'm still in for whatever everyone else wants to do. I'll help anyway I can.

I'd say wait until after Christmas, but I'm still in for whatever everyone else wants to do. I'll help anyway I can.

I would also vote for after christmas, but if people want to go before, I'm also good for that. I'll be getting 2x 2-row and probably a Pils, I'll even split a specialty bag if anyone wants to.

After Christmas is probably the way to go. Just wanted to see what everyone thought. We will bring this back up in about a month. Till then...

After Christmas is probably the way to go. Just wanted to see what everyone thought. We will bring this back up in about a month. Till then...
I just missed out on the last round, so I definitely want in on this one! I can help out too, just let me know.

I would be up for this again after christmas, and promise not to hold up the entire show.

I'd like to join in as a regular buyer. Will purchase at least 2 bags of 2-row.

Would also like to join with others on lower L crystal malt (20-60).

That sounds perfect. I plan to do two 10 gal batches this weekend, which will consume the 50 lb bag I have now. Will do another batch in Jan, so early Jan is good.

I've not done this before. Do participants exchange homebrew? I'm new, so I'd like to get some opinions on my brew.

For the most part, the bulk buy is just a way for us to get a good price on grain when we are buying it by the pallet. There is another group of us on here know affectionately as GRABASS (Greater Raleigh Area Beer And Suds Sippers) that get together on occasion to share beer, brew, visit breweries, drink and hurl insults at one another. Keep an eye out for GRABASS mentions in the Brewing Events and Local Gatherings forum, or PM me your email address and I can add you to the GRABASS email list.

Back