Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy - Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill be there at 3:00 unless I hear different, I will help unload and split or whatever needs to be done, see you there.

I usually get out of work a little early on Fridays as well. I have to drive to Durham from Clayton, though. So 3 might be a tad early. I'll just get there ASAP on Friday? It may be closer to 4. If I find out differently, I'll get in touch and let you know.

Guys, unfortunately I have to go out of town this weekend and we'll be leaving from Sanford on Fri after work. Would anyone mind grabbing my bag for me and holding it until early next week in exchange for a 6 pack of Pale Ale? I'd be very grateful.

I would be able to be there earlier on Friday if it comes in, cannot stay past 3 as I need to head to work. My friend could pick up the bags for me after he gets done with work at Duke if I miss the drop off time.

I'll probably get there around 6:15 or so Friday. Any issue picking up that late? I live in Cary and could pick up/hold anyone grains for them if they needed me to.

Looks like quite a few people can get there at some point Friday which is great. I will plan on PMing everyone my number today so that you can get ahold of me and make sure that the order has been delivered before you drive all the way up there. I'm not sure how late the guys will want to stick around the brewery on a Friday, especially if they're planning on brewing that day. I'll email Rick at Triangle and make sure all this works for him. I am gonna guess 6:15 may be pushing it however. Boston lives in Cary as well, so we may be able to work something out. Ok that's enough for now. I need to try and at least pretend I'm working and I'll work on getting my number to you all too.

i can be there at 4.. ill have my daughters with me, so i cant hang out and hoist any.. i want to grab some six packs to go as ive never had any of triangles beer.

I live in North Raleigh, I have a mini-van so if anyone wants me to grab their SACKS. ill be happy to do it.. <--that doesnt sound right hahahha!

I'll be there on Friday to pick up my grain. I will call you to confirm that the grain arrived. I was also thinking sometime around 3-4 pm (but I can be there earlier for whatever reason).

I won't be able to get there until late so I might get my brewing partner to pick it up. If he can't then I'll need some help getting it back to the Raleigh/Cary area. I live near Trader Joes.

Not without an engagement ring and some hand sanitizer!
Seriously, I can help you out here, I live in Cary about a mile from US-1
Anybody else need help?

Guys, unfortunately I have to go out of town this weekend and we'll be leaving from Sanford on Fri after work. Would anyone mind grabbing my bag for me and holding it until early next week in exchange for a 6 pack of Pale Ale? I'd be very grateful.

riaa.gif

OK, so I just looked through everyone that replied and it looks like everyone has responded and said they'd be there or need someone to pick up for them excpet for foltster and bigdug. Foltster will be there, but is anyone headed to lizard lick, nc anytime soon? I guess I can give him some more time to respond. I can hold his bag(s) for ransom if he doesn;t come for pick up.

Boston, I've got you down for grabbing alexnphillips and acid jazz sacks. I know that's how you like to kick off your weekend! Great job everyone. I can't thank Reel enough for putting this together, the pick up alone is a pain in the ass and I'm not even trying to get money from anyone! See most of you Friday.

OK, so I just looked through everyone that replied and it looks like everyone has responded and said they'd be there or need someone to pick up for them excpet for foltster and bigdug. Foltster will be there, but is anyone headed to lizard lick, nc anytime soon? I guess I can give him some more time to respond. I can hold his bag(s) for ransom if he doesn;t come for pick up.

Boston, I've got you down for grabbing alexnphillips and acid jazz sacks. I know that's how you like to kick off your weekend! Great job everyone. I can't thank Reel enough for putting this together, the pick up alone is a pain in the ass and I'm not even trying to get money from anyone! See most of you Friday.

I'm good actually. The guy I brew with (does that sound better?) is going to pick it up around lunch time.

Just pass my number along to him. I probably won't get over there until a little after 12 and I want to make sure it's there before anyone shows up to pick up.

Boston, thanks man. I'll bring the sanitizer when I come....... to pick it up.

What day works better for you? Mon or Tuesday? Just PM me your address and whatever and I'll be able to get up there any day that works best for you.

I have the malt analysis sheets for all of the grains now. If you would like me to email them, pm me your email address and I'll get them out to you as soon as I can. See you Friday.

dug, I know I just PM'd you regarding pickup but looking at everyone's posts and where they are, fatguy-little coat is in North Raleigh and offering to help with pickup and fbgillam is in Clayton which may also be closer if he's willing to help. Might be 2 options for you and save you a little driving. Assuming they are willing to help someone from Lizard Lick that is. Just a thought.

Yeah. I work in Clayton. Live in Raleigh.

I don't mind helping at all. If I'm the best option then that's fine. I have kind of a crazy schedule sometimes, so we'd have to figure out what would work best, but I surely don't mind a bit helping out.

Noob here, just came across this today and didn't realize there were so many people right around the Triangle. I live in Clayton, just behind Pine Hollow Golf Course.

Just started back into brewing last month, much more interested since I got a keg set up.

Cheers
John

I actually go to Flying Saucer every now and then. I would go more if it weren't a 30 minute drive.

I haven't even gotten a card yet, but I think next time my fiance and I will, if only just for the t-shirt.

I actually go to Flying Saucer every now and then. I would go more if it weren't a 30 minute drive.

I haven't even gotten a card yet, but I think next time my fiance and I will, if only just for the t-shirt.

30 minute drive from CH wouldn't be great. It is 13.5 miles from my house by bicycle for when we are so inclined, otherwise it takes less than 15 to drive. Tonight they are having glass night and it is a cool Oktoberfest mug I guess, probably be really crowded, need to get there early.

That bar is really weird, or maybe I just don't understand how bars work? Whenever I go on a Friday or Saturday, there are plenty of seats available. But when I went on a Tuesday night (trivia night, to be fair), there was barely enough room to stand.

I wish I were that close, because there aren't any decent beer bars around CH (unless by decent you mean cheap PBR).

If you ride your bike there then you have somehow managed to combine exercise and drinking, and for that I commend you.

You guys are my heroes. I saw someone in there last time with a shirt that said something about having 3 plates.

I just remember thinking that this man has been drinking longer than I have even been alive.

We were there last night, pretty damn crowded, when I found out that they wanted $17 for a beer and a mug I bailed. I like going in on the weekends the best during the day. Sunday's are great, free lunch for Beerknurd's and $3 NC pints.

Charlotte Oktoberfest. I bought a ticket for a friend and must have double-clicked or something because I was charged twice. This means I may have a ticket for sale if anyone is interested. I need to confirm this and determine which one to print first though. Let me know.

Charlotte Oktoberfest. I bought a ticket for a friend and must have double-clicked or something because I was charged twice. This means I may have a ticket for sale if anyone is interested. I need to confirm this and determine which one to print first though. Let me know.

For those of you that have never been to this event, it is incredible. I haven't been to the new venue, but before there was a ton more space + homebrew there. Way better than the World Beer Festivals in my opinion. Just my $.02.

Plus I'll be there pouring beer! :cross:

Yes, I bought an extra ticket. It is FOR SALE. Conveniently, I will be working at the front gate, so it will be like you picking it up at will call. Otherwise the event is sold out. Unfortunately I only have ONE ticket for sale.

Back