Raleigh Area Group Grain Buy - Round 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like we have 5 bags to go to mike and bull. I'll contact them to make sure they want them, if not, we'll go with original orders. I would really like to split a bag of wheat with someone.....

Sorry ....we're full for this round, but if that changes, and it might, I'll let you know. There are a couple ahead of you. There will be more buys I'm sure.

Hey Reel, If someone else needs a bag, you can cut one from my order, I hate to do it, but I was taught to play fair:), just let me know, thanks.

Looks like we have 5 bags to go to mike and bull. I'll contact them to make sure they want them, if not, we'll go with original orders. I would really like to split a bag of wheat with someone.....

Awesome Reelale, I will split the bag of wheat with you. I will also take the two bags of 2-row which will cover me and my neighbor. I can also pick up whatever Mike wants if you hear from him.

It's final. Please check the spreadsheet in the first post. Thanks again to everyone who was willing to order less so more could get in. I'll be in touch....

Still waiting for someone to come up with a delivery location. I won't be able to get an actual freight quote until we know if it will be a business location or if we have to off-load by hand....very different prices. Still waiting.....

Someone has to know of a place where we can accept delivery. Better hurry, I go back to work next week.....

Can we request what time they deliver the goods? Is that possible? If not I have another possible idea. Might be a long shot, but I guess I could ask. Both places are in Durham though.

Can we request what time they deliver the goods? Is that possible? If not I have another possible idea. Might be a long shot, but I guess I could ask. Both places are in Durham though.

I think we can request within a couple of days window, but they ship when they ship. I'm gonna try to contact them tomorrow and see if we can pick it up at their carrier's terminal...I'm open for anything. It'd be a shame to let this slip by.

Let me know what they say about picking up at the terminal. It wouldn't be FedEx correct? I will try one place here in Durham and see what they say. How big a truck does it come on?

Let me know what they say about picking up at the terminal. It wouldn't be FedEx correct? I will try one place here in Durham and see what they say. How big a truck does it come on?

Not fedex, I think it came on DHL last time...I don't know for sure, my co-worker unloaded him. It's gonna be a shrink-wrapped pallet full.

I'd probably vote against Greensboro seeing how far away it is, it would cost more in gas then the hand offload fee. Unless we get a large carpool organized...

I would rather drive to Greensboro than pay the extra $95 which is really only around $2/bag, but this is all about saving $.

I'm still trying to get some info regarding the spot I had in mind in Durham, but if we decide on Greensboro, so be it.

My office is right off Wendover too, which makes it really easy to get here from Raleigh. 40 to 70 and that turns into Wendover.

Just got off the phone with Jeanette at NCM. Here's the deal; $75.00 lift-gate fee, but we still need a commercial address for the delivery. I also contacted Old Dominion Freight Company, and we can have it delivered to their terminal on Evanstown Road (Greensboro) for no additional charge. Then we can pick-up from their loading dock. They will hold the pallet for a day or so, but if we choose this option, it is imperative that we pick-up the grain as soon as possible, and at the same time. I'm open to either option.

Just got off the phone with Jeanette at NCM. Here's the deal; $75.00 lift-gate fee, but we still need a commercial address for the delivery. I also contacted Old Dominion Freight Company, and we can have it delivered to their terminal on Evanstown Road (Greensboro) for no additional charge. Then we can pick-up from their loading dock. They will hold the pallet for a day or so, but if we choose this option, it is imperative that we pick-up the grain as soon as possible, and at the same time. I'm open to either option.

What time frame would we be looking at? How late do they stay open? I should be able to sneak out of work a bit early one day to go help unload.

Sounds like we are making progress now. Someone make a command decision and say "this is what we will do" and get this puppy on the move.

I don't know that I can commit a drive to Greensboro...

I may have to bow out? I'm sure someone would be more than happy to take my place.

I don't know that I can commit a drive to Greensboro...

I may have to bow out? I'm sure someone would be more than happy to take my place.

Perhaps one of these other fine folks would be willing to pick yours up for you. After all, it will already be paid for, so no one would be put out in that way.... Just a thought.

I can gladly carry a few sacks back other than my 2, but I can't carry it all as I only drive an Impreza. I'm hoping some of the other guys can head that way as well.

I can gladly carry a few sacks back other than my 2, but I can't carry it all as I only drive an Impreza. I'm hoping some of the other guys can head that way as well.

HAHA. I was going to drive my smart, but I am not sure I can get 5 bags in that thing along with another passenger. :D

You know what, I think we'll lose a lot of interest from Raleigh guys if we pick up in Greensboro. I dunno how many of the brewers on this buy are from Raleigh but the more I think about it 2 dollars a bag extra for hand unloading would be worth not having to drive for 3 hours. I would strongly prefer to pay a little extra and pick up in Raleigh. Thoughts?

Yeah, I agree with this. However, I don't have a spot to pick up so I guess it's really a moot point.

I have one idea for a Durham pickup point. I will see what they say. The time of delivery is the point that is the hang up for me.

Back