Quintessence/Night of the Great Thirst 2018 etc...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also special shoutout to Compton25 for finding l’ermitage soleil (hoppy wheat beer) on the menu at moeder. Having (many) pours of that with/between lambics was ****ing perfect for cutting through/breaking up all the acid. Highly suggest it for anyone in Brussels, as long as we didn’t drink it all.

For context of how much soleil we drank, this is Mark with 2 (or 3?) glasses of it in front of him

GkORWpv.jpg

ISO...

....the recipe?

More or less:
1 bottle of Kriek 750ml, 200g of fresh raspberries, 1 Madagascar vanilla bean, agar agar flakes (or powder) All organic, in keeping with the Bio/Organic Cantillon Kriek.

Heated up the beer, reduced a little, added the raspberries and vanilla bean (not the caviar). Blasted it in the Robot Coupe, strained it twice through fine mesh sieves, then reheated and added the agar. Set in small chocolate moulds and served on either Almond bizcocho bases (not vegan) or Speculoos cookies (vegan).

The final taste is more Kriek than anything else, even though I was inspired more by the taste of Zwanze 2016, just without blueberries...

Very fun to make and use.

More or less:
1 bottle of Kriek 750ml, 200g of fresh raspberries, 1 Madagascar vanilla bean, agar agar flakes (or powder) All organic, in keeping with the Bio/Organic Cantillon Kriek.

Heated up the beer, reduced a little, added the raspberries and vanilla bean (not the caviar). Blasted it in the Robot Coupe, strained it twice through fine mesh sieves, then reheated and added the agar. Set in small chocolate moulds and served on either Almond bizcocho bases (not vegan) or Speculoos cookies (vegan).

The final taste is more Kriek than anything else, even though I was inspired more by the taste of Zwanze 2016, just without blueberries...

Very fun to make and use.

giphy.gif

kidding, of course - sounds delicious, thanks!

I'll update if I'm ever bold enough to try - I hope others do the same!

Latest posts

Back