Quick Question: Dry Hopping method?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimster

Reaction score
So I have a black ipa that's ready for the dry hopping portion, do I just pitch the hops in there? Do I boil them a few minutes for sanitation purposes then toss them in? I'm going to transfer to a secondary fermenter and add the hops and bottle Friday or Saturday.

I just throw them in and rack beer onto the DRY HOPS.

At this point, your beer should be pretty stable. Full of alcohol and not much for any 'infection' to eat and get going. That's how I have understood it.

I just throw them in and rack beer onto the DRY HOPS.

At this point, your beer should be pretty stable. Full of alcohol and not much for any 'infection' to eat and get going. That's how I have understood it.

In my past experiences with pitching onto the hops, I've found that they give plenty of nucleation sites for the CO2 to come out solution and foam over the top of the carboy. But it does work, though I put mine in after racking, or right into primary.

so you don't need to buy one of those $30 stainless steel hoping things to dry hop - you can just rack to secondary with them right on the bottom...thank you HBT for saving me $30...thats enough to brew another batch!

Back