Quick kegging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerhead

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. So i recently came into a free chest freezer already set up into a kegerator and with it came an old regulator and sanke D coupler. Now both the regulator and sanke are shot and I am in the process of replacing them as well as the lines that they came with. However I am also planning on putting in some corny kegs as well to serve. When I went to check what type of CO2 line to get ive been seeing some different responses. It seems that the sanke coupler needs a line with a 5/16' ID while the courney coupler needs a line with a 1/4 ID.

Does this mean i need to by two different lines and just switch when I want to go from a commercial keg to a homebrew? And how does this work with the regulator (which im assuming is a 5/16" ID, although i havent actually bought a replacement one yet.)

Thanks for the help.

I think the 1/4 will work for both but i could be wrong?
you can buy posts for for the sankey in both 1/4" and 5/16" they just screw on.

there are some conversions around ... cant find the link im looking for.

here is one. *Components:Sanke Commercial to Homebrew Keg Conversion

there is some around with quick disconnects to make it easier.

or change your gas manifold so that it has 2 different size barbs. - im new to keging myself but that where i would start looking ...

someone who knows more should be along soon.

Back