Quick Irish Dry stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry so vague. Yes kegging plus I made a 1 litre starter out of wyeast 1084 to help out. Plus run it on nitrogen

That's not my choice for a quick turn around. Anything with roasted barely seems to take 3-4 weeks to taste right to me.

I have made a Irish stout in 2 weeks but like chemerik said it taste better after a couple weeks in the keg. Pitch a good starter and make sure your ferm temps arnt to low. Really get some oxygen into the wort and you should be done fermenting in 10 days. Keg and quick carb. I don't use the shake method always seems to over carb. I crank up my pressure to 30psi and leave it for 24 hours then I drop down to my serving temp. I have done this with a couple quick Irish reds as well but they don't tend to clear as great that quickly but with a stout it shouldn't matter. Also use a liquid yeast. You need all the help you can get from that yeast so make them strong and happy.

This is actually for a brew fest coming up in 2 weeks. Thinking something like 6or so lbs maris otter, 1.5lbs flaked barley, 1/2 lbs roasted barley hopped w/ northern brewer. O.G. Of around 1040-45. Very sessionable stout. But on nitrogen. Soun
d ok?

Sorry so vague. Yes kegging plus I made a 1 litre starter out of wyeast 1084 to help out. Plus run it on nitrogen

Absolutely is two weeks possible. Primary could be done in 3-4 days, give it a few days to rest and condition, then keg.

Back