Quick Disconnect for MLT/Kettle in Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limoges

Reaction score
mcmaster does not ship to Canada!

Anyone know where to get (relatively cheap) quick disconnects like the ones at mcmaster in Canada?

I'm looking for the equivalent of:

6739K59 1/2" NPTF male pipe thread coolant hose quick disconnect
6739K64 1/2" NPTF female coolant hose quick disconnect (straight)
6739K68 1/2" NPTF female coolant hose quick disconnect (90 degree)

I've been looking for a source now for a few days and nothing... Well nothing reasonably priced.

thanks!

mcmaster does not ship to Canada!
Actually, they do. I just got an order from them last week. Placed the order Tuesday and I received it Wednesday.

They wouldn't ship to my home address, but I had no problem getting it shipped to my work address. McMaster-Carr rocks.

I am assuming you got the same "due to the border blah" email when you tried with your home address.

I can't ship to my work but I have a factory contact. So I will ship there and let you know.

I am also contacting people that could have access to a usa mailing address that would re-direct for me.

Thanks for the work heads up. I have to ask though, what the difference between

Mr x
123 street one
city, province
canada
a0a 0a0

and

Company x
123 street one
city, province
canada
a0a 0a0

maybe I should just but my corporation name as he recipient?

It might have everything to do with their shipper. A lot of courier companies won't ship to residential addresses, or they charge more to ship to residential addresses. I'm not sure what the exact issue is for MC, but there are a few of us here that have been able to get them to ship to our place of business.

Gonna give it a try and see eh?!

This thread may help out another feller down the road...

i'll update once parcel received!

Last I heard McMaster is only continuing to ship to existing commercial customers. Where in Canada are you? How soon do you want it?

John

Im in ontario

I already placed an order with a industrial manufacturer.

If this one gets denied are you proposing a helping hand?

I tryed P.M. you put your allowed space is full...

I placed an order for hops today and will be picking them up in buffalo when they arrive.

Membership is all fixed up you can PM me now

looks like they will be going ahead with my shipment EXCEPT the most important part!!!!

check the reply from mcmaster:

On your order placed with McMaster-Carr, you ordered our part numbers 6739K68, 6739K64, & 6739K59 (hose couplings). The Canadian government has imposed a 242% anti-dumping duty on certain brass fittings. The duty applies to these items. We removed these lines from your order due to the inflated cost to import these items to you. If you still want to buy these from us please let us know and provide us your UPS or FedEx collect number so that the applicable duties will be charged to you as the importer of record.

Dammit! The hole order was based on these, however i did find a few other things and will be moving forward with the order - the fittings.

Anyone find a Canadian non-jack prices for these please post!

thanks

Ok sure enought!

The parts came in today and my contact told me "mcmaster I know them! We have an account with them and order once a month at least!".

So I learned 4 things today.

1. My contact had a business account with mcmaster therefore the order went threw.
2. Mcmaster has a distribution/sales center in Canada in town x in Ontario.
3. If your in Canada figure out a business here and go threw them, or better yet figure out of to buy from mcmaster Canada.
4. My contact will buy anything I need from them from there account rep.

Limoges- Did you look at Princess Auto?
I had a good look there. They mostly carry either air fittings (which are 1/4") or hydraulic fittings (which are expensive). Neither are straight-through connectors, either, meaning your flow rate will be reduced by the valve inside the coupler.

With McMaster I got the same response. But I live near the border, and I found a mailbox outfit on the other side of the line in Sumas Wa. You just set up an account and have it mailed there. They charge a small fee based on the size of the package. I think they will even forward it across for you if you cannot pick it up yourself.

Gives us Canadian's another option.

Hey limoges -- did you ever find any disconnects?

I just got my brass disconnects from PPE.com today. They look great. Their online catalog also lists the same parts as available in stainless.

See my post here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/so...ck-disconnects-149545/index3.html#post1743406

I didn't! The industrial supplier mcmaster's contact number was in the states, so he figured it would be the same luck as I got. I don't min paying 200% on a 2 dollard item but those corner female's connect are 8 bucks. Little too rich for me, there must be a better way!

So I am still looking... thank you very much for the link! If all else fails I will go with say morebeer and get the plastic ones.

Thank you

Back