Quick Carbonation at Room Temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fedagentbeer

Reaction score
I'm getting married in 3 Weeks and need to Carbonate a few 5 Gallon Corny Kegs relatively fast to get them ready for the festivities. I've been kegging beer for a while and usually use the shake method once the kegs are cold.

I don't have the space to cool all my kegs prior to carbonating and was trying to see if there was an efficient means of carbonating my kegs at room temperature. The beers I need to carbonate are some Centennial Blondes, SWMBO Slayer, an American Pale Ale and an IPA, most of which need a volume of 2.4 liters of Co2.

What is your preferred method of carbonating at room temperature? I live in southern California and room temp for me is between 72-74.

Thanks for your input!

At 73 degrees and 2.4 volumes you're at 29 PSI. You can apply that pressure and shake/roll the keg to get it to equilibrate faster, as long as you keep the pressure at 29 and the temp at 73 there's no way you can overcarb. But it's definitely worth trying to chill them for a while before the wedding to drop out the sediment.

Back